• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hand brace Drill.

idrivemopar

Local time
4:56 AM
Reaction score
I don't think a lot of people still use hand brace drills anymore, but I have always liked them, and my dad used to use one back in the day, so when I saw this Stanley one for only $2 at the flea market, I picked it up. Only issue was the blue paint on the wood handles was mostly worn off, so I sanded and repainted them with two coats of flat black followed by a quick dry clear coat. Turned out nice!.

20190217_190419.jpeg

I have one that was my Dad's. I did use it for a small job a couple of years ago. My cordless drill was FUBAR, and I didn't want to run an extension cord to where I was working.

I don't think a lot of people still use hand brace drills anymore, but I have always liked them, and my dad used to use one back in the day, so when I saw this Stanley one for only $2 at the flea market, I picked it up. Only issue was the blue paint on the wood handles was mostly worn off, so I sanded and repainted them with two coats of flat black followed by a quick dry clear coat. Turned out nice!.

View attachment 721628

Used mine, with an augers bit, just last week to get a hole through the top of the studs in the attic - pain in the butt to run an extension cord for a drill . . . Got my wires fed down the wall for my bath remodel . . . Worked great !

That looks great enjoy using it!
I have a big and small, but haven't used them in years, battery powered drills have taken their spot.
One old tool that I still use regularly is a Yankee, can't live without them.

I have an old rusty one that I bought at an estate sale 40 years ago. I used it to drill out stuff at the bone yard before we had cordless tools as stated. I have 2 similar ratchet tools, 3/8" and 1/2" that I occasionally use. I also have a drill chuck that snaps onto a ratchet which is useful as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back