• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

head chamber volume measurement

I may need to enlarge the chambers on some small block open chamber heads for pump gas considerations.
Does anyone know how many cc's l can expect to add by polising up the chambers a little?

@ dibbons.

don't know about small block heads but,according to my max wedge tech bulletins for every .005 shaved off a 426 max head u loose 1 cc head chamber volume..

I may need to enlarge the chambers on some small block open chamber heads for pump gas considerations.
Does anyone know how many cc's l can expect to add by polising up the chambers a little?
I've found that only 'polishing' a small block chamber might get you 2cc's, tops. 1cc = 1/10th of a compression point on small block open chambers. Thicker gaskets might be a better way to go if you need to lower comp. by a half a point or so, or maybe a combination of the two.

Auto Transport Service
Back