• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

headlight switch wiring diagram needed

old_skool

Local time
11:38 PM
Reaction score
Having some intermittent headlight issues, mainly with the running lights, I want to test the switch, but all the wiring schematics show 6 pins, but all the switches have 7. Does anyone also have a better wiring diagram other than the free one that everyone post, maybe a color one?
Thanks
Rich

72 Charger

Think I have it partially figured out, first off, there is one extra blade on the switch that isn't used, weeding my way through the wiring diagram, going to finish removing the dash to properly diagnose my wiring, looks like some splicing was done around the headlight switch, looks like the switch itself has already been replaced recently, seems to test ok, may still be bad, I'll get the wiring sorted out first.
I may in the future, write a new wiring diagram, I have several programs to assist me in doing this, I've recreated several motorcycle wiring schematics in color, I think I'll do the same for the 72 Charger/Coronet as well, but may be some time till I get to it. When I finish it, I'll post it for all to look at and judge for errors, I usually will make an extra large laminate version for myself, who knows, maybe I'll get into making various ones and sell laminated copies.

I'll add this for those who may need it, Thanks again plumcrazyrr

HEADLIGHTSWITCH_zps2d18a66e.jpg

No worries, that is what we are all here for. Glad that worked out for you.

Auto Transport Service
Back