• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headliner

gtxno1

Local time
8:12 AM
Reaction score
Hi Guys I will be installing my own headliner I have a question 67 gtx what do you do for the sail panels does the headliner get glued to the cardboards thanks

Headliner does not get glued.

When you get the headliner take it out of the box and spread it out right away. You need to keep it from getting more wrinkles from shipping. You'll have enough to deal with.

Hi Guys I will be installing my own headliner I have a question 67 gtx what do you do for the sail panels does the headliner get glued to the cardboards thanks

yes most headliners come with an extra piece of material to cover the the sail panel boards. it does get glued to the boards and the headliner gets glued along the roof rail and be sure to clean the listing rods very good or the listing won't slide on them when stretching the headliner. ,Also you need to trim back the ends of the list about an inch or so to prevent it from bunching up.

How difficult is it to install with the front and rear glass still in the car?
It will make it tougher due to having to get it on the teeth under the gasket but I guess it could be done

I did mine with the glass in. Just had to pull the gasket back and push the material in over the teeth. I used a piece of plastic to push the material in and get it tight. Make sure you take the seats out. Front and back. I did mine only long enough to get frustrated and I would stop and go back the next day

It looks like I have to glue the cardboard sail panels into place first along with the roof insulation

Auto Transport Service
Back