• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heard a noise

mikeyfrano

Local time
3:19 PM
Reaction score
I started my car today and heard some tapping. It's seems to be coming from the left side valve cover, when I put my hand on the valve cover I can feel the tapping. I have 1.5 procomp rockers and I'm not understanding how these can come loose or maybe its a sticking valve? The engine isn't missing or sounding like it's not running right

Has it sat for a while? Lifter could have bled down (stuck), adjuster could have backed off causing lash out of adjustment , bent pr...
You can speculate all day but until you pull the vc will you know..

I started my car today and heard some tapping. It's seems to be coming from the left side valve cover, when I put my hand on the valve cover I can feel the tapping. I have 1.5 procomp rockers and I'm not understanding how these can come loose or maybe its a sticking valve? The engine isn't missing or sounding like it's not running right

I started my car today and heard some tapping. It's seems to be coming from the left side valve cover, when I put my hand on the valve cover I can feel the tapping. I have 1.5 procomp rockers and I'm not understanding how these can come loose or maybe its a sticking valve? The engine isn't missing or sounding like it's not running right[/QUOTE
I usually will check to see I have enough oil when I hear valve train noise, often a little top off and it clears up

It must have been a lifter sticking because it's not tapping anymore

Auto Transport Service
Back