• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

heater box removel in a 62 Dart

kelly

Local time
5:57 PM
Reaction score
OK! I removed the three nuts from the fire wall and all the plugs from the inside.
I still can't get the heater out of the car, Is it glued to the fire wall? Is there more bolts or screws holding it on? Where can I find a picture of it and how to take it out. I have the manuel for the car but it does not show any pictures.
Thanks

went to the wrong place,,,,,

It can take a little coaxing. Don't be afraid to jerk on it, or wiggle it up and down. I have had to put the nuts back on to protect the threads and smack them.

Let me know if this is too small to read. It's from My FSM
20170730_202842.jpg

There might be a bracket between the box and dash.

Can't say for sure about a '62, but the '63, '64, and '65s have a bracket on top.

Thanks every one, I have the same thing in my book and it tells me things. But does not show any pictures to go with it. Like number 12. Where are these screws at?
Thanks

That's what it was, thanks it's out and now I need to rebult it. Looks like I need a heater control valve for a starter. Any one got a good one for sale or where to get one.
Thanks

That's what it was, thanks it's out and now I need to rebult it. Looks like I need a heater control valve for a starter. Any one got a good one for sale or where to get one.
Thanks
I see them on FleaBay. Don't know for sure if they are right or not...

do you know where to get the kit to rebuild it.

Napa has a kit, contains a couple of seals but not the o-ring, if I remember right. Part number is 660-1000, again if I remember right.

Thanks
Send yours to Joe Hudacek. He restores them quicky for $85 including return shipping. Don't know if I can post his contact info or address here, so PM me for info. He did my 64 belvedere's control valve & did a beautiful job on it. super fast turn around, too

Thanks. I sent him mine and got it back. He does nice and fast work.
Good guy.

Auto Transport Service
Back