• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heater hose routing

steve from staten island

Local time
10:17 PM
Reaction score
On a 383 engine, the outlets for heater hoses. Is there a suction side and discharge? This is important when I'm installing my classic air. The heater control valve opens and closes but i cant get heat in car. Was wondering if hoses were crossed. Thanks

On a 383 engine, the outlets for heater hoses. Is there a suction side and discharge? This is important when I'm installing my classic air. The heater control valve opens and closes but i cant get heat in car. Was wondering if hoses were crossed. Thanks
The one furthest back and next to the water outlet to the rad is "OUT" and the one directly in front of it is "IN".

Here's a pic from 68FSM.

IMG_0651.JPG

Here is a pic from the FSM for 69. It is for AC cars just in case there might be a question about connections at the firewall.
I always liked that they -include- the 426 Cu. In. engine in this illustration.:)

IMG_0336 (Large).JPG

ws23 LOL! A lot of use, no frt&back covers & grease marks. FBBO has caused me to get it out a lot more recently! But it's fine and keeps the brain working.

Auto Transport Service
Back