• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from Atlanta

The roof rail seal simply pushes in place into the stainless trim. There is a foam seal that goes between the stainless trim and roof itself, so that needs to go in first. We specialize in reproducing the weatherstripping for most of all of these cars and for door seals and roof rail seals, I strongly suggest whenever possible to reuse the originals. They fit better than any of the reproductions out there.
Thanks for the tip. I'm currently restoring the steering wheel. And tomorrow going to grab the vinyl top. Also may be getting a bunch of 69 b-body parts.

Well went to north georgia to look at my friends GTX and copied the weather strip to the RR seems like it went well. 3M 8008 worked great. Got the tail lights assembled and mounted with new extension gaskets and new foam gaskets. Need to line up the trunk lid a bit better. Also bought a sand blaster and cleaned up the front and rear bumper brackets. And have the rear on the car for test fitting. Will take them off tomorrow when I assemble the rear bumper with the tag holder, tag light and reverse lights. Making headway anyhow. Waiting on my neighbor to install the headliner and Vinyl top. Have both but he has 2 boats hes working on so I have to wait for those to be done before he can get to the RR. Quick question on the side marker lights... Anyone know which 2 go on the rear? I have 2 that are shallow and 2 that are deeper. The reflectors are not installed so I'm not sure which get the red ones and which get the ambers.

IMG_0766.JPG IMG_0767.JPG IMG_0768.JPG IMG_0769.JPG IMG_0770.JPG IMG_0771.JPG IMG_0772.JPG

Well got home today and pulled the car cover off to reveal that someone hit the front of the RR and busted the lower grill to bumper fill piece. This pisses me off. Nobody did it but yet its wrecked. It also bent the support for the upper part that the hood latch goes on. The bumpers are not on the car yet so it was unprotected. I have a sneeking suspicion I know who did it but can't prove it. Someone lets their kids ride their bikes ANYWHERE they freaking please. My driveway happened to be empty today other than the RR. So I'm thinking a kid wrecked into it with a bike. Its not just cracked paint It actually cracked the steel. Now it has to be replaced and repainted. Looking for a good used one if anyone has one. I also posted in the parts section.

IMG_0774.JPG IMG_0775.JPG

Moving right along.. Waiting for the hood striker to show up and looking for the 4 small drip rail parts.. The 2 that cover the joint above the vent window and the 2 rear corner drip rail ends. Interior will be going in this week after my dynamat/cheaper version shows up.

IMG_0834.JPG IMG_0835.JPG IMG_0837.JPG IMG_0838.JPG IMG_0840.JPG IMG_0841.JPG IMG_0842.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back