• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from Houston

cbunt1

Local time
10:26 AM
Reaction score
Hello all! New to the forum, and pretty new to Mopars, at least cars. I've had a cummins/duallie rig since it was new in '03 with nearly 300K on the clock, and my family had a couple of motorhomes on Dodge chassis when I was a kid -- so not a total stranger to them, but this is a different world for me.

I finally found the "right" '72 Satellite to bring home. It's a long story exactly how we got into the "old car" thing, but suffice it to say that last time it was time to get the wife a new car, she decided she wasn't interested in anything from current production lines. I asked her what she wanted, and she said she'd had a '76 Buick she'd love to have back....I said "If you're talking classics, I've always wanted old school muscle."

Long and short...she said "Why not" and we ended up buying a '67 Skylark and started fixing it up. I love the 'lark, but it still doesn't satisfy my "need for speed," especially since the wife prefers to put it in gear and go, not worry about high-stall converters and two-foot automatics, and other "trickery" . . . so the Lark stays more or less stock -- besides, the numbers match :)

I've always been in love with Satellites and Chargers. Some of my earliest memories of cars come from my dad's then-new '70 Charger R/T, and some of my earliest fascinations with "different" looking cars were from his (later) Satellite....so those cars made the top of the list of the "next car."

Well, we found a '72 Roadrunner Tribute from a Satellite Sebring locally, and at the right price, and in the kind of shape I wanted to work with, and brought her home. We're now a "Two old car" family, and loving it.

For me, the Tribute car is the best of both worlds--it's the satellite body I was fascinated with as a youngster, the RoadRunner side of it looks sweet, and seems to be a crowd pleaser, and the fact that it'll never be a "numbers matching" car means I don't have to sweat cruising in a car worth $40k, nor worrying about doing engine/tranny work that would detract from the value, or be "not correct"!

OH -- and the wife gave me the go-ahead to build it up however I want...cuz she's got hers and I've got mine!:blob1:

welcome to FBBO from Norcal, good luck with the 72 Satty project

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for the back story, it's always nice to know where you're starting from.

-=Photon440=-

welcome but,WE NEED PICS..Ha,ha,..again welcome to a really cool site...and God Bless..Bear R.-

Thank you all for the warm welcome! So far it *has* been a fun project. At this point, I'm busy trying to figure out exactly what has been done to the car mechanically, and getting things more to my liking -- not a whole lot "wrong" with the car, but I'm pretty picky when it comes down to it.

I agree, without pictures this thread is worthless! So here goes. These are all shots I took on the way home when I had to stop in a parking lot to let her cool off (and identified the first "fix-up" I had to do on the car). I suppose it's a good sign when you overheat, pull off the road to let it cool off, and you're still pretty happy with the purchase!

pass-side-full-view-rear.jpgpass-side-view.jpgfront-view.jpgstraight-on-rear-view.jpgDriver-side-view-partial.jpg

Welcome to the site. Lots of great info on here. From Angleton.

WoW..nice ride..really nice..again Welcome and hope you have a lot of fun joining in.cause its really nice here..God Bless...Barry.

hi and welcome to the site very nice ride ,thanks for sharing:headbang:

Auto Transport Service
Back