• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

hello from norcal coast

SRT owner

Local time
5:23 PM
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I will try not to make this too long but this may be really helpful to me. I have joined this forum in the hopes that I can get some helpful suggestions and best case maybe even help some others as well. Here is "our" story. Myself and a couple other employees of North Coast Brewing Company wanted to start a project of making a Lemons car. I took the idea to the brewery owner and he loved the idea and said he would even "help us out". Then as luck would have it we were given a car that was abandoned on someones property who was moving away and just wanted it gone...our "new" 69 satellite wagon. The car actually starts and drives and has super low miles but has long ago rusted away beyond any reasonable restoration. There has been standing water inside for the car for unknown years and the whole thing is rusted pretty bad. But we have a strong will and desire to get the thing in a lemons race. It has the 318 with 3 on the tree. Certainly not fast but we aren't harboring any dreams of beating miatas and M30s around a track. We just want to make the car solid so it runs both days and hopefully multiple races. Our other idea for any of you that know Old Rasputin beer or the story of Gregori Rasputin is that the motto is "never say die". So we want to keep the current 318 as we think would be perfect for endurance racing. I have a 4 bbl manifold but want to get a adaptor to keep it the current 2 bbl. I could go on and on but basically just want to get this story out there to guys that know these cars. We want to make some changes to the car that could free up some parts to help out guys trying to restore with factory parts. Any and all suggestions and help are appreciatted. Thank you all and go Mopar!!!

wagon.jpg 69 wagonn.jpg 69 wagon.jpg 69 wago.jpg

When I first saw this it reminded of the movie "Strange Brew" for some reason....

Not sure what parts you are thinking of removing to be suitable to the members here but cool story and best of luck with your build...

Btw screw the parts what about some free Beer! lol

Curious is the antifreeze bottle the overflow?

When I first saw this it reminded of the movie "Strange Brew" for some reason....

Not sure what parts you are thinking of removing to be suitable to the members here but cool story and best of luck with your build...

Btw screw the parts what about some free Beer! lol

Curious is the antifreeze bottle the overflow?

Yea anitfreezed bottle is coolant overflow lol. We are planning on taking plenty of free beer to the races and if it can help coax us some parts there could perhaps be some in it for those that help us. We need a windshield. Some parts we are probably going to part with are the 3 on tree trans (we ant a floor shift) and perhaps some of the windows down the sides since we are thinking of turning this thing into the "never say die hurst". We are thinking that guys that are restoring might want these. As we go along we will prob find more parts to sell.

Yea anitfreezed bottle is coolant overflow lol. We are planning on taking plenty of free beer to the races and if it can help coax us some parts there could perhaps be some in it for those that help us. We need a windshield. Some parts we are probably going to part with are the 3 on tree trans (we ant a floor shift) and perhaps some of the windows down the sides since we are thinking of turning this thing into the "never say die hurst". We are thinking that guys that are restoring might want these. As we go along we will prob find more parts to sell.
Yea, those parts are not desirable by the restorers due to the nature of being 4 door specific and the 3 on the tree, ugghh...However, does not hurt at all to try....

Love the coolant overflow, brings back memories, lol...

Best of luck on the build and I like the idea of converting it into a Hearse....

Welcome to FBBO from sunny SoCal. Great story and good luck with the project

The older 318 cu. in. Poly wide block would be the real engine for NEVER SAY DIE,but the 69- 318 small block should do OK,Welcome to B bodies,,,and have fun with your project!

The older 318 cu. in. Poly wide block would be the real engine for NEVER SAY DIE,but the 69- 318 small block should do OK,Welcome to B bodies,,,and have fun with your project!
If it goes mid race weekend we were given a backup. 360 out of a '74 R.V. After that we figure if we go through 2 engines in one weekend it's time to pack it up.

Welcome aboard!
Wow!
WAY up the coast!
Must be beautiful there
I'm at Edwards, AFB, Mojave desert...yuck...

Welcome aboard!
Wow!
WAY up the coast!
Must be beautiful there
I'm at Edwards, AFB, Mojave desert...yuck...
It can kinda get beautiful here. I very much miss a warm sunny summer day. Most days here are gray, chilly, and foggy. But we do get lucky sometimes.

Welcome to FBBO
from the hot dry & {almost} always sunny, NorCal Sierras

Auto Transport Service
Back