• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with '71 dash!! Please

rrTor-Red

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:23 AM
Reaction score
So guys, it's been a while since I took my dash apart. My car has A/C and runs off of vacuum, not a cable. I have everything in place but this has me stumped (see picture). I have a couple of questions.

1. The vacuum lines-Where does the little tube (single) at the top of the picture connect to?

2. Looking near the bottom of the picture, you see a white connection with 2 nipples for the controls. What connects to those?

Dash-back.jpg Dash-back.jpg

Accidently put 2 of the same pictures on and tried to delete one, sorry

Single tube should go to engine vacuum, also should possibly have a reducer on the line as well, my 73 does before it connects to the one that goes to manifold vacuum.

Single tube should go to engine vacuum, also should possibly have a reducer on the line as well, my 73 does before it connects to the one that goes to manifold vacuum.

I don't remember any reducer in it when I took it apart years ago. Engine vacuum makes sense to me. Do you know what would connect to the controller in the picture (white in picture) and which nipple because there is 2 in the picture? I would assume that something went there. The short line in the picture probably goes to one, and the other went along the dash, out the firewall to a vacuum source?

I'm sure someone will come back with a Diagram, and that would be great, but I can tell you the short hose in the middle goes on the middle nipple of the back diaphragm. Here are some pictures of the one I just restored before I restored it.

20170108_151219-1.jpg 20170108_151228-1.jpg

Thats what I was looking for 71SandbugCharger. What goes to the top nipple in the picture? Thanks!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back