• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

hemi hood scoop

ukieone

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:18 PM
Reaction score
wanting to mount my glass hood scoop to a steel hood on a 65 coronet.i want it done right,so any hints and pics would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Center the scoop at the rear of the hood. Make it 1/8-1/4" off the matching rear arc of the hood. You should be right about there with it. Move it a bit either way to your liking.

Where did you get the glass scoop? I've been shopping around but not sure who has the best quality.

I picked up the hood at indy swap a couple of years ago.its a glasstek.looks and sits on the hood well.only vendor that we saw there. I needed to know how others mounted their scoops to the hood.thanks.

that looks like the ticket.much easier and simpler than what I came up with. thank you all.

All of our s/s and a/fx scoop have studs hanging down for e-z mounting and do not need a template. We also have a warranty on our scoops. We are www.sledcityfiberglass.com

I had a Sled City scoop before I decided to have a steel one made and the Sled City scoop was a very good scoop in my opinion.:thumbsup:

Thanks "aldal" for the kind words. Sometimes I think that I could make a living off of just hood scoops. What I have been getting lately from customers are complete package orders. That's telling me that there are a lot of cars being built or at least rebuilt with fiberglass parts. We offer all the fiberglass for the 62-67 b bodies.

glassman, The F-R bumpers for a 65 Belvd. How much? And do the fronts have the glass brackets attached?

Bumpers are $225 each plus shipping. Give me a call. Larry

Will you be at the Indy Cyl. swap meet in March? It's an all mopar swap meet Indy fair grounds!
Not sure if I will be at Indy or not this year. If you need some parts from me then give me a shout, and we will make them up.

Larry I will get back to you later then! Thanks!

bought a couple of sled city ones that worked great, i needed one a few months ago he was out of stock so i went with Kramer. NEVER again!
the j nuts suck cause the fiberglass underneath, isn't prepped. major nose bleed! i'm going to mount and fiberglass the studs in it.
plus larry's are way cheaper cost wise!

I
bought a couple of sled city ones that worked great, i needed one a few months ago he was out of stock so i went with Kramer. NEVER again!
the j nuts suck cause the fiberglass underneath, isn't prepped. major nose bleed! i'm going to mount and fiberglass the studs in it.
plus larry's are way cheaper cost wise!

Is Glasman still in business? His message box is full so unable to start a conversation and no reply to sent email.

I

Is Glasman still in business? His message box is full so unable to start a conversation and no reply to sent email.
Yep, still in business and you can reach me through my Sled City Fiberglass website. I would post my phone number but this site has rules against me posting the number but I don't think there is any rules against one of the members posting my number. I return all calls except those that come through as a restricted number and my phone system will not let me call Canada, but Canada can call me. Oh and by the way, I have a 64-65 Hemi scoop of stock size in stock right now. It will not be there long. I accept personal checks, postal money orders, and Pay Pal. Now is a good time for people to order. Gotta go----phone is ringing right now---Sunday nite orders?

Auto Transport Service
Back