• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey everyone

Local time
11:46 AM
Reaction score
Hows it goin guys. My names Jared and I am the proud owner of a 1973 Plymouth Sebring Satellite that I bought out of some dudes yard with rust in the quarter panels, a smashed PS fender, tears in the seats, a 318/2bbl/904/10bolt rearend, a leaky gas tank, an immense amount of mechanical issues and neglect, and miscellaneous creatures living under the seats. The color has been described as "baby s**t blue" with a dark blue vinyl top, with rust bubbling up from the roof underneath. My girlfriend, who I was dating at the time I bought the car last summer, refused to ride in it and constantly tried to force me to sell it. No I'm not joking, this is one thing that lead to our breakup. That's right, I chose my car over a girl. And I have never once regretted it.

My previous car was a 2004 Dodge Rumble Bee with a Procharger kit and various performance mods. It was number 4870 of roughly 5000 built my year, and it was quite a machine. I drove it all the way through high school, and had lots of good times, but when I moved out of my parents house to start college, living on my own, and paying my own bills, my dad hung on to the truck because it was in his name and he wanted me to learn to work for the things I own. Truth is, I'm more proud of the Satellite I bought with the money I busted my *** to make rather than a gorgeous truck that was handed to me, so I guess my dad made the right choice. He's a pretty wise dude.

Despite it's various issues, my Satellite is without a doubt my favorite thing I have ever spent money on, my motorcycle coming in somewhere second. I bought it as a yard car, and within a week had it cleaned up, running, and driving. It took a new radiator, new hoses, many antifreeze flushes, a new thermostat, a carb cleaning, a few gallons of Seafoam, and more recently, a new fuel tank. I took a needle and thread and stitched the holes in the seats closed. I keep my car washed, waxed, vaccumed, and polished, and you would be surprised how much of a difference it can make.

I have a new fuel tank on the way via eBay, and besides that, I trust my car to take me across the country if need be. I've done all the work myself, with lots of help from my veteran hotrodder father, and the car is truly really reliable. I recently bought a new fender and am about to begin body work, and should have the car painted by January of February of next year. Next will be interior, then hopefully a drivetrain swap to a 360/727/9 1/2 rearend with disc brakes. All I really need is money, which is hard to come by these days, so I work 2 jobs so I can make the cash to fix up my car a little at a time. I also know a lot of people who are fabricators and welders, so everything on my car is being done the right way, and also at no cost to me other than materials and of course a few cases of beer.

I'm currently attending UCF to attain my mechanical engineering degree, and intend to be a car designer as a career. I draw cars as a hobby, and am featured in a gallery over on the coast, which I'm really excited about. I believe that everyone should own a car that reflects their personality, and my goal is to one day design cars that can do just that for people.

God's given me a lot of cool things in my life. The Satellite is one of em. It may not be the prettiest, it may not be the fastest, but it's mine 100% and I love it. I realize that these cars arent exactly worth a lot of money, even fully restored, which is part of the reason I've taken it upon myself to keep the car and fix it up, because I know there's not a lot of people who would put in the blood sweat and tears on a 73 Sebring Satellite orig. 318 car. Guess you could say it needs me :) haha

Well that's about me. Cant wait to get on the forum and hopefully learn more about my car, and check out what all you folks have lurking in your garages! Thanks everyone

-Jared

This post looks awfully familiar, Jared welcome to FBBO anyway

Auto Transport Service
Back