• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Hey guys! anyone have a 66-67 headlight motor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tchorak708

Local time
6:56 PM
Reaction score
First post! Like the title says I need a headlight motor for the 66 my dad and I just finished. These things seem very scarce! I also haven't seen a thread asking about any in a while so i figured I'd see what is out there. I'm in Illinois, but I will travel to China to get one of these if I have to. Thanks for any help,
Tom

PS; i did find the headlight motor man but i get an error message when trying to contact him on his website.

EDIT: I AM looking for a working one.

Guess I will share a photo of the car too just for fun, enjoy!

APUB9005.jpg

Last edited:
First post! Like the title says I need a headlight motor for the 66 my dad and I just finished. These things seem very scarce! I also haven't seen a thread asking about any in a while so i figured I'd see what is out there. I'm in Illinois, but I will travel to China to get one of these if I have to. Thanks for any help,
Tom

PS; i did find the headlight motor man but i get an error message when trying to contact him on his website.

Guess I will share a photo of the car too just for fun, enjoy!

View attachment 490943

many of us 1st Geners have some spare headlight motors around (including me), but most all would need to be rebuilt to work properly. you need to make sure any seller confirms that their motor is a working one, or else get yours rebuilt. Topher should be answering your e-mail tho'.
This is what's listed in the 66-67charger forum vendor source guide:
[email protected]

many of us 1st Geners have some spare headlight motors around (including me), but most all would need to be rebuilt to work properly. you need to make sure any seller confirms that their motor is a working one, or else get yours rebuilt. Topher should be answering your e-mail tho'.
This is what's listed in the 66-67charger forum vendor source guide:
[email protected]
Thanks for the email address, I edited the ad for clarification.

Also want to add that messaging me, and telling me your motor "likely works" isn't going to fly, especially when you add, "this is a good idea for you", and "where will you find another" you make yourself sound like a scam artist.

Also want to add that messaging me, and telling me your motor "likely works" isn't going to fly, especially when you add, "this is a good idea for you", and "where will you find another" you make yourself sound like a scam artist.
You have been here one day, and you degrade someone that truly tried to help you. as I said in a private PM, I wish you the best of luck in the future.

You have been here one day, and you degrade someone that truly tried to help you. as I said in a private PM, I wish you the best of luck in the future.
Your PM's were the most offputting I've had in a while, especially because you were obviously mad that I wouldn't go along with your deal.

I have been here a long time, so I don't believe this person deserves a response.

But, I offered him a complete 66 charger Grille assy with the motor for $200.00.
he apparently thought that I was a huckster. he said he would go to China,but I am only 500 miles away. I am not sure where these people come from. maybe I should help less, eh? Lol

I have been here a long time, so I don't believe this person deserves a response.

But, I offered him a complete 66 charger Grille assy with the motor for $200.00.
he apparently thought that I was a huckster. he said he would go to China,but I am only 500 miles away. I am not sure where these people come from. maybe I should help less, eh? Lol

If that's how you help people, you should stop altogether.

You are so eager to help, by offering me a 200 dollar motor that you don't know works, and then telling me "it's a good idea", "where will I find another", but you're not so eager to test it before i give you 200 dollars, you eagerness only extends as far as sending me your part and getting money, do you not see the problem for me, here?

You are so eager to help, by offering me a 200 dollar motor that you don't know works, and then telling me "it's a good idea", "where will I find another", but you're not so eager to test it before i give you 200 dollars, you eagerness only extends as far as sending me your part and getting money, do you not see the problem for me, here?

I wouldn't normally respond to a Moron, but since I am awake and in a good mood, I will respond. I really don't spend any time thinking about what to do with $200.00. apparently I am a greedy self serving leach that offers someone a nice 66 charger grille assy with the motor for $200.00 as a kind hearted gesture on a Tuesday night. now this deranged person who has been on the site maybe three hours know us well enough to believe I am a predator. I find it actually most humorous.
it is a huge leap of faith on his part to believe that I would have gone to the trouble of shipping an approx 80 LB grille assy to him for $200.00. Since he said he was willing to go to China, I thought a short drive to Omaha was preferable. But he never asked how he would get it, and never gave me a chance to discuss it. In ending this ridiculous conversation, I hope all my friends here continue to believe I am not a huckster(ARGH) and will continue appreciate my contribution of 2 cents when necessary. maybe 3 cents! I did delve temporarily in to poor taste when I asked the member if he was on drugs. he did not respond.

I am sorry, I forgot to mention that for $200.00 I was not going to waste my valuable time messing with the part any further. I have a warehouse full of parts, and if he didn't want it, all he had to say was " No thank you". I would not have been offended.

I wouldn't normally respond to a Moron, but since I am awake and in a good mood, I will respond. I really don't spend any time thinking about what to do with $200.00. apparently I am a greedy self serving leach that offers someone a nice 66 charger grille assy with the motor for $200.00 as a kind hearted gesture on a Tuesday night. now this deranged person who has been on the site maybe three hours know us well enough to believe I am a predator. I find it actually most humorous.
it is a huge leap of faith on his part to believe that I would have gone to the trouble of shipping an approx 80 LB grille assy to him for $200.00. Since he said he was willing to go to China, I thought a short drive to Omaha was preferable. But he never asked how he would get it, and never gave me a chance to discuss it. In ending this ridiculous conversation, I hope all my friends here continue to believe I am not a huckster(ARGH) and will continue appreciate my contribution of 2 cents when necessary. maybe 3 cents! I did delve temporarily in to poor taste when I asked the member if he was on drugs. he did not respond.

I am sorry, I forgot to mention that for $200.00 I was not going to waste my valuable time messing with the part any further. I have a warehouse full of parts, and if he didn't want it, all he had to say was " No thank you". I would not have been offended.

Oh yeah like I would drive to Omaha for one that didn't work. Keep telling everyone I'm not worth the response and then responding anyway. Messing with any part further? hooking a ground and power wire up to a headlight motor doesn't even qualify as messing with it. You were told I wouldn't be buying it unless you could test it. You were offended at the suggestion you test it, but you wont talk about that. Just keep bringing up how I wont respond to a question about drugs while we're talking about your sleazy PMs. I've never seen so many red herrings in an argument.

$200 is more than reasonable.
I met Chris "Topher" at Carlisle.

[email protected]

What a nice guy!
I actually sold him my motors from a 67 charger as a core to someone who needed them.
I turn, I had a very nice complete 67 front grill, which he helped a gentleman who was unsure of purchasing, change his mind and buy it!
And it was more than $200!
You should of taken monaco66coupe's offer. It was more than fair, I'm sure he wouldn't sell it to you for $1000 now??

Thanks Chris for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back