• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey, I was on the front page of the paper today. Damn! I

I tried but didn’t have the skills that I have now.

Cool beans!! Cat-man-do of Way North Canada....

I care more for dogs and cats than I go most people. What you did was big, real big, by real people. Be proud!!

I was in a local paper once...I was maybe 20-21 years old?

View attachment 1490346
I too have been in the local (and national) newspaper.....no picture but from the article I started getting a lot of phone calls from people who know me. It ended up with me being on TV without my permission. I should have done something at the time, but it was a traumatic time in my life/career.
All ended well...ish....with the guy in the dock getting 19 years. Almost time for me to start looking over my shoulder I suppose.

Huh?
Come on, man… there are some interesting details you left out!

Garth and Linda are good people. World's a better place with them.

Huh?
Come on, man… there are some interesting details you left out!
I arrived on the scene to do a small job, only to discover an unconscious 2-year-old on the floor. After some confusion (which turned out to be thinly disguised guilt) I started on CPR. It was about 45 mins later that an Ambulance arrived, and I was told to keep going.....a few minutes later a Paramedic arrived and told me to stop.

Long story short, the kid was beaten to a pulp by his mother's boyfriend (Dad was already in prison at the time) and then showered and laid on the floor. The Coroner determined that the boy was likely dead when I started, and that I had not done the damage he suffered. Organs were split open like soft fruit.....it was horrific, although on the outside he looked fine from what I can remember now.

It has been 12 years now, and it still haunts me. I was shown on TV during my court appearance demonstrating the CPR technique I used. I had already had to reenact that scene twice at the local Police Headquarters....second time because the idiot forgot to load a cassette into the camera. Only highlight was getting a free ride in an unmarked patrol car. :rolleyes: ...front seat too.

Holy crap, Roger. That is terrible. Bless you for the heroic efforts no matter the outcome. Something like that would deeply affect any decent person.

You're a good man!! It's weird how some things you can't forget and stay with you forever. While I sometimes have to stop and try to remember what I had for breakfast yesterday.

Auto Transport Service
Back