• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hi all, a Mopar fan from the Netherlands

Ah that makes sense indeed. Omkatten happened a lot in the past.

Still need to check the number below the bagage compartment seal, but first i need a new rubber seal anyway before i will pull this one off.

And, i found another Mopar today in my town :usflag: ('69 Charger R/T, 440)

IMG_7798.JPG IMG_7799.JPG

Since the weather is turning side ways with lots of rain i've kept the car back in the garage again.
So i removed the trunk seal and started hunting for the partial VIN number and did found the same number as in the radiator support.
All number areas were covered in a very thick paint layer, with obvious reasons to hide it from local authorities to hide that that car's current VIN has moved over from another car.
So i can say for sure the car is matching numbers, just need to find the number on the tranny but looks like it is nearly impossible to check the # pad as this sits very close to the body.
I also checked on the engine pan rail for the other stamped numbers with the date codes etc. but did not find it anywhere, i did read that some engines will not have these numbers stamped.
I did find the cast part number and the casted dates which show 1968, which is the same as the tranny which production date is also from 1968.
There is also a 2 part indication wiht an arrow showing "D" & "N" and another with a circle with 8 dots, i did not find anything what this means.
I can imagen the D and N stand for Day and Night shift regarding which shift it was build, but cannot work out what the 8 dots mean.

So all in all, never expected i bought a real number matching car, but after some homework it turns out as the real deal.
I can call that being very lucky i guess.

IMG_7814.JPG IMG_7815.JPG IMG_7808.JPG IMG_7812.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back