• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hinge repair

Hey Rob
If I send you my hinges will you rebuild them for me?????
Please-o-please??????? That sounds like the kind right there!
Stainless sleeves the whole way through should last me until it don't matter no more!

Sure I've seen them worn out. The TOP ones anyway. So I wouldjust snag one off the passenger's door and swap it on. Problem solved

charger70...

I make 4 bushings (to do 2 doors) .550 x .425 and they pass through both pieces of the hinge ...
I seem to find the bottom hole for the pin is always egg shaped.So when you just install the short bushings in the middle of the hinge the slight slop in the bottom pin hole allows the weight of the door to prematurely wear those new bushings out and the customer is back in a year complaining ...
Stainless material seems to do the trick...bronze only seem to go 4-5 years...

Thx Rob.
I think I grasp what you've done. Mostly. I understand what Big John described and if thats right, that the bushing is the same od thruout what keeps it from dropping out? If press fit in the outer hinge like the original pin, is the inner hinge reamed a bit oversize?
could you post a photo of the Bushing?

Auto Transport Service
Back