• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hopeful in California

Cool. as long as it's not too shiny, i might be up for that. Do you have any pictures of them ? Maybe that's what i should have done to my Renault 4CV. Here's a pic of it,.... well me hand cranking it. - cant find any better pictures of it at the moment, but you get the idea. People loved this thing, and it's appearance was 1/2 of the appeal.
View attachment 430984
My buddy has a 65 impala wagon done like that. Will see what I can do.

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal

Ahhh, so you're trying to copy me. :)

I'll have to check that out. Looks like you dont see sigs. when using the phone app.

Copy you . . . yup ! ! ! ( smile )

Alright,...... pulled the trigger. This fine gem will no longer have to endure cold Wisconsin winters. Sunny CA. is the life for her.

00q0q_fsaU3nmebQw_1200x900.jpg

Welcome aboard from Southern CT!

Welcome to the site I like that road runner you have a picture of is it for sale? A modern driveline is a common swap now a day's a little difficult /pricey but to be honest unless your going big like an srt or viper motor I wouldn't bother you can get more power for less out of a carbed motor maybe not a 318 but a 340 or 440 as for a clone go for it no harm no foul on those take a stripper and turn her into a ground pounder !

Yea, i hear ya BB, That's the car i just bought..... we'll see how healthy this 318 is when i get it. The car has sat for a long time, so it might be a complete turd. I'm not necessarily looking for huge HP, just the reliability of a modern F.I. engine and overdrive drivetrain.

Congrats Tori - bring that bad boy out to CA and turn it into a cruise machine

Thanks guys, researching 5sp manuals right now actually. It's gotta be a MT ! Who's got me a pedal cluster ?

Welcome aboard from Ohio.

I recently bought a 72 Satty for the daughter, planning a modern drivetrain as well just not sure what yet. 5.7, 6.1 or maybe even a 360 magnum..... wouldn't shy away from a healthy modern 318 either.

Good news! She is on her way! Hopefully this time next week i'll be sitting in the drivers seat.

IMG_5106.JPG

Last edited:
View attachment 430892 Hi guys. Newbie stopping in to say hello and introduce myself. Longtime car guy, but aside from my Cummins, never been a Dodge guy. ...well unless you count the 3 years selling parts at the dealer. ;)
Anyway.... longtime lover of the 71-72 Roadrunner. In '82 my brothers best friend had a red one, with the black stripes at rear quarters. Cragars, traction bars, the works. LOL. That image was etched into my primitive brain, and I just can't forget it.
So, I'm on the hunt. I'm not a stickler for #'S matching, and a clone will be just fine. I've got other classics that cover those bases, and quite frankly I don't even want it to look nice. I want it dripping, or maybe I should say flaking with patina. Sun dried, faded, and just a hint of surface rust would totally turn my crank.
I have no intention to have it shiny and new, but will have the drivetrain dialed in.

Plans would be to have the interior nice, complete, and fully functional. I'd prefer a manual trans for the full "muscle car experience" but will settle for a slush box.
I see people here don't poo-poo on clones which is refreshing to see. I wonder if it would be completely ludicrous to do a modern drivetrain in one. Say maybe a 5.7 Hemi and matching overdrive tranny? Surely that has been done before? Thoughts on that?

I have a car in mind, but am still getting info on it. Supposedly a 318 car. Satty/clone. Were all the 71-72's drum brakes all the way around? Looks like disc conversions are the common thing to do. What's the cost to do a conversion? I've done a few conversations to other types of cars with parts from donor cars and that was fairly inexpensive.
Guess I'll end this for now...looks like a novel on my phone.

Cheers!

I don't poo poo.
It seems to me that the man that has one car and a dream is a rich as the man with many sheep and hemi cows.
Pardon the metaphor, but it is sort of like 2 Samuel 12 ween Samuel confronts David about his sin.

Yes, thank you. I've totally enjoying all the tinkering. It's fun to start with a wreck like this, everything you do is so satisfying.

Auto Transport Service
Back