• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hopefully just another rumor

That link isn't that easy to get to work. I did get it to work once though.

"BangShift.com has learned that Raceway Park will cease racing operations in 2018. This is unhappy news to say the least. At this point our understanding is that there will not be a 2018 drag racing season at Raceway Park and an announcement regarding the track’s future, or lack thereof is forthcoming. In conversations with various parties close to the track’s operation we have learned that the Napp family who owns the facility has effectively leased some or all of the property to a company who plans to use it as some sort of vehicle storage area. We have not spoken directly to track ownership or management at this point but are confident with the information that we have gathered from those we have spoken to. We cannot speak to the other facets of the track (i.e. the motocross course, etc) but we can speak with a level of confidence that drag racing is over at one of the nation’s most well known and longest running facilities."

Tried to go there NG. Googled it and bangshift.com NG. A facebook site comes up, I don't FB.

Yeah, the site is a pain to get on to.

I've been going to Etown since the mid 80's, to the swap meets and the Mopar Nats when Alderman & Geoffreon were running. And every year more and more homes were being built surrounding the Park. So to me, it was just a matter of time when the new residents would be fighting to close it. Between the noise and the traffic I knew eventually it would become a thing of the past. Hopefully this is something to be a false rumor and doesn't come to pass.

NHRA schedule shows a nitro meet there in June.

It is great when people say it is still on the schedule on facebook.....It was announced yesterday and they haven't updated the site right away......I am sure they are panicking trying to find a way to switch and fill the schedule and break the news. They don't update the instant it happens. Sucks they lost an original track like that too.

From a friend.

A4358E50-11A0-40E6-A810-461503E2F1B6.jpeg

I saw that today too on a couple of sites...

sucks they've run drag racing for over 50 years

it will be missed for sure

sucks for the people of New Jersey that want a drag racing facility
people around the area complained about the noise
funny thing is that track was there
long before 90% of them moved there I'd bet

it sucks, been there
we lost some 20 something tracks here over the years
Irwindale SoCal just got a reprieve,
they will stay open/have permits for at-least 2 more years
they were gonna' close too, it's under different management now
thanks to their efforts, it was temp. saved

Me racing Stock Eliminator back in 95 or 96 at the E Town
SF1a.JPG
Summer Nationals.

I took a ride today.
Figured I would say goodbye.

20180120_155515.jpg 20180120_160224.jpg 20180120_160330.jpg 20180120_160914.jpg 20180120_160916.jpg 20180120_160919.jpg

Atco is still open isn't it?

Atco is still open isn't it?
Atco and Island.
Englishtown just had a lot of sentimental value.
I drive all over to race.
I only went to Englishtown maybe 3 or 4 times a year.
I started going there as a 10 year old kid with a neighbor who went almost every weekend.
Just sad to see it go.

Auto Transport Service
Back