• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Horn Relay 70 Roadrunner

Hemi4spd

Local time
11:37 PM
Reaction score
I know my 69 has a horn relay,but the wiring harness(new) for this 70 roadrunner looks like it plugs into the horn, does it have a relay? Also there is a blue wire (female plug) on the passenger side of the intake ,not sure about this one either,any help is appreciated.

Here is the location of the relay and color of wires.

dash wiring.jpgdash.jpg

I believe the blue wire is to connect to the electric choke on the carb.. It is keyed 12 volts. When you start the engine the choke heater starts to warm up and gradually opens the choke.

I believe the blue wire is to connect to the electric choke on the carb.. It is keyed 12 volts. When you start the engine the choke heater starts to warm up and gradually opens the choke.

not from the factory in 69 or 70...

I found the relay, under the dash. Thanks! Like A383Wing said not an electric choke in 70. I have the old harness an it looks like a relay or control(whats left of one) plugged into the blue wire with a part # on it, I will have to look!

- - - Updated - - -

What you said is correct, it is keyed 12 volts, and could be used for an aftermarket carb.,but that was not an option in 70, as stated by A383Wing.

Auto Transport Service
Back