• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hot August Nights Reno, Nevada. 8/8-8/13/2017.

Dennis H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:00 PM
Reaction score
IMG_0006.JPG
Virginia City gig is the weekend prior. Staying at the Sugarloaf on Main Street. Walk to Saloons! Planning to meet Darius in Reno. Pic from Virginia City, only Mopar I could find. Friday Mopar night at the A&W on Kietzke. 5000 feet and 107 degrees. How can you better test your clutch fan?

I was the last one to register last year in virgina city even got me the participant shirt. Wont be able to make it this year though. Have fun guys. It was a very nice event last year.

First time Virginia City. Need advice. Anywhere to park or should I just walk to the Saloon?

There is a really nice place in Reno (I think it was Silver City Brewery) Really good beer and food. Haven't been in Reno for years but it was the best!

Leaving sunday with a caravan of about 8 cars. See you on the lawn at A&W. Wow 107 say it aint so. My car is in the paint booth now, going to be a thrash to get it done so no Nitpickin please.

No nitpicking. Beer in trunk. Hope for a break on temps. Don't forget the Poker Run from Summit on Thursday. Fun run to Minden.

IMG_0028.PNG
Leaving sunday with a caravan of about 8 cars. See you on the lawn at A&W. Wow 107 say it aint so. My car is in the paint booth now, going to be a thrash to get it done so no Nitpickin please.
Gotta be this car. Mopar Brand representation will be greatly improved this year in Chevy land.

Shakedown is important. My filthy Mopar will have been on the road for a week in the dust by the time I get to Reno. Leaving now. Solo. No nitpickin...

Shakedown is important. My filthy Mopar will have been on the road for a week in the dust by the time I get to Reno. Leaving now. Solo. No nitpickin...
I'm thinking I will sit my car at the Nugget on Wed, I will let you know as time gets closer. Next year I should be able to do the entire gig like you this year...take good notes!

That's the great thing about the light color cars, you can't see the dirt :thumbsup:

Here's the A&W info for Friday night. If anyone is in town and would like to come to the Battle Born Mopars car club meeting Monday night Aug 7th it will be at the Round Table Pizza in NW Reno on Mae Anne Ave at 7pm. Additionally, I am having a bbq sat afternoon at 4pm if anyone is looking for something to do. We will be heading out in the evening for a bit when it cools down. If you want to go send me a PM on here for the address. Lastly, for those of you still in town or heading west on I80, Sunday after the parade there will be a car show at the Reno Fire Station 11 at 11am. The address is: 7105 Mae Anne Ave., Reno, NV, 89523 its off the Robb Dr. exit.

Mopars - 2017.jpg

IMG_0029.JPG
IMG_0029.JPG
Approaching Virginia City. Thunder and pouring rain moments after this shot. 88 Carson Pass clean and green. Paving complete, no delays.

They just opened the rest of the new 395 freeway bypass this week.

Auto Transport Service
Back