• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How did you improve the looks or hide engine bay hoses or wiring

A pic of my dads engine bay

29743CEB-A279-4043-839B-9C54103A414A.jpeg

You guys are amazing. Love the creativity and perfectionism. It is a rare combination of traits.

Here is 71 Cuda resto-mod that I did for a customer,
Having a big o fat Hemi helped to hide everything.
I ran the front body wiring under the drivers fender and the motor harness through the firewall right behind the motor. Controllers went under the dash. I made all the harnesses.
A/C lines I ran down along the frame rails.
Heater lines across the top of the intake manifold.
Has Fast EFI and ran the fuel lines up the backside of the motor.

20170327_114357.jpg 20170327_114422.jpg 20170327_114402.jpg

Here is 71 Cuda resto-mod that I did for a customer,
Having a big o fat Hemi helped to hide everything.
I ran the front body wiring under the drivers fender and the motor harness through the firewall right behind the motor. Controllers went under the dash. I made all the harnesses.
A/C lines I ran down along the frame rails.
Heater lines across the top of the intake manifold.
Has Fast EFI and ran the fuel lines up the backside of the motor.

View attachment 667717 View attachment 667718 View attachment 667719
That's some excellent work right there, great job!!!

747mopar tell me about this cool.scoop and hood , I would like to do something similar

747mopar tell me about this cool.scoop and hood , I would like to do something similar
Nothing mounted anywhere on the firewall or inner fenders but master cylinder. I filled all the factory holes. Everything needed is mounted to my front plate and wiring hidden as best as possible.

IMG9505711.jpg

did you still run the headlights/turn signals across the radiator support?

great stuff; just bought a couple things due to the inspiration.

I would have tidied up the fuel lines a bit instead of leaving them hanging in mid air and that upper rad hose is just hideous. A little project for you in days to come. Just MHO.
....any advice for me?

dog-in-engine-bay-power-12729761335.jpg

As someone who will soon be tackling my first new project in many years, these beautiful clean engine bays were an inspiration.

Thanks to you all for sharing.

1970 Cuda conv't ,6.1 stroked to 426, twin screw supercharger, 6 speed viper. All fab out of alu, including the Hemi style valve covers to cover the coil packs, and a lot more. As stated before depends how much work u want to do. Good luck and have fun. I did and still do

IMG-3039.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back