• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How far gone is too far gone, 68 satellite convertible

garrett1308

Local time
7:43 AM
Reaction score
Bought a 68 sport satellite convertible the other day, mostly picked it up for the rear seat panels and the rear seat to put in my 70 roadrunner convertible. Was used as a parts car, stripped from the firewall back. Everything from behind the Dutchman and back was cut off. Rockers, about halfway through the middle of the doors, were cut 95% of the way through. Rest of the frame has rot here and there, torsion bar mount has it the worst.

Good news though, and there is some, wheel well houses and caps are pretty rust free, back seat support and mounts are there and rust free, windshield frame is pretty clean, one small spot would be very fixable. Rockers and firewall are rust free. Still has the numbers matching drive train complete less the drive shaft.

Anyways, yall think anyone is nuts enough to fix this? I don't like cutting up savable cars especially not something relatively rare, and while this one is definitely rough, it's still savable if someone wanted to spend a decent amount of time with a donor car.

2018-01-11 047.JPG
2018-01-11 048.JPG

I don’t see anyone spending the money required to save that thing, I don’t know if it’s even salvageable. Post it on eBay as a “barn find” and see what happens, there’s a guy selling a Chevy air cleaner for $6,000 so this has to be worth something

Looks like there's still some parts to pick off it, but the car itself is gone.

Sorry, but I think that one is gone. 99% of the hard-to-find convertible stuff is gone. You might want to save the Dutchman panel & the top halves of the quarter panels (a little different on verts). I think I know of another guy looking for a vert wheel well housing (if you don't need them).

If you do cut up what's left, send me a pm and I will put you in contact with a guy looking for the a-pillars off a 68-70 convertible.

well, she’ll get cut up the rest of the way then. Will be keeping the dutchman, but everything else can go.

well, she’ll get cut up the rest of the way then. Will be keeping the dutchman, but everything else can go.
Save the firewall/cowl/A pillar area too.

I could use all the hoodlatching hardware if it is there. Need the hood loop and the catch/spring/latch handle. Basically everything to latch the hood...

Plan to save everything that’s good on it. I’ll pm you about that stuff

Auto Transport Service
Back