• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to treat new members

Fran Blacker

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:01 AM
Reaction score
I was going through a post from a new member and somebody posted some smart a$$ comment. The new member didn't like the post. Yes here comes comments "He/she's a snowflake". What is wrong with being polite? I'm not talking about "This thread is worthless without pictures" kind of comment. New members may not known what to make of the people on this site. There are people who just to find out what is this worth or need info for one thing.
To me give a new member a break. JMO.

Last edited:
Yep I agree 100% give them a chance 1st
be polite 1st,
try & be a little patient, have some respect
some people are really hard to read, some come off bad
know-it-alls or hard to tell they are being a smart ***
or a complete condescending & total jackass,
like a select few are here, all US regulars here know who/whom
until they deserve being treated differently
the way they "earn being treated"...

Respect goes 2 ways, a little bit of civility goes a long way...

Smiley Rules Thing.jpg

Last edited:
agree , like ,new members are (most probably )old people and who not born in the computer age so they might come off a little strange ,

The internet brings out the worst in some. Many use forums of all types to build themselves up when i reality they are little people with insignificant lives. They become respected on a forum and this feeds a need in them.
If someone doesnt want to post a picture thats there choice, if there spelling or grammar is lacking unless the person trying to help cant understand what is being asked, do not feel the need to correct or instruct them unless asked to do so. The big thing is the way you talk to anyone in person is the way you should respond to a given member in a thread.

Only thing I don’t like is when a guy signs up and his first and only post is (this actually happened yesterday) “what’s a 68 console and shifter worth” that’s it??? “Hey how ya doing guys, New here I’m looking to sell or looking to buy this part anyone know what they’re going for” is more appropriate. Maybe im an *** for having a problem with it idk it just bugs me. Also the good ole for sale ads, 1974 satellite 1 of 3 hemi 3 on the tree original hugger orange and Chevy rally wheels barn find. Frame rusted no title $18,000

I was going through a post from a new member and somebody posted some smart a$$ comment. The new member didn't like the post. Yes here comes comments "He/she's a snowflake". What is wrong with being polite? I'm not talking about "This thread is worthless without pictures" kind of comment. New members may not known what to make of the people on this site. There are people who just to find out what is this worth or need info for one thing.
Dang...I missed some nonsense today.....

New members are trying to feel out the lay of the land here.....So for the ones that actually post. I agree they should be given a break....Heck most just sign up, say hello and never see them again...So one posting more than the norm is a benefit....

What kills me is the long term members that constantly ask for help but cannot take 5 secs to take a picture showing the problem area. Which can be easy answered with a picture...Hence is why I see VERY limited postings(if any) in those threads.....Those threads I don't even open.....

Last edited:
Early guidance or maybe a pm if needed.

I love to help- if I can but if I dont agree I try to keep it to myself. This is a great site with great people and I hope it stays that way.

Only thing I don’t like is when a guy signs up and his first and only post is (this actually happened yesterday) “what’s a 68 console and shifter worth” that’s it??? “Hey how ya doing guys, New here I’m looking to sell or looking to buy this part anyone know what they’re going for” is more appropriate. Maybe im an *** for having a problem with it idk it just bugs me. Also the good ole for sale ads, 1974 satellite 1 of 3 hemi 3 on the tree original hugger orange and Chevy rally wheels barn find. Frame rusted no title $18,000

I agree with you. These aren't the people I'm talking about.

I agree. Bout a year ago I joined a forum for bicycles... was treated rudely immediately by some and in a week I was actually BANNED (without a word from the mods) despite my never taking the bate and just ignoring the rude ones.

And a year later I have never heard why despite my emailing the mods for an explaination. I still have no idea what happened. All I did was ask some questions, add some positive comments on others builds, offered some specific help or knowledge on other discussion threads... just what I do everyday here.

I agree. Bout a year ago I joined a forum for bicycles... was treated rudely immediately by some and in a week I was actually BANNED (without a word from the mods) despite my never taking the bate and just ignoring the rude ones.

And a year later I have never heard why despite my emailing the mods for an explaination. I still have no idea what happened. All I did was ask some questions, add some positive comments on others builds, offered some specific help or knowledge on other discussion threads... just what I do everyday here.
You must have told them were you were from or something silly.

agree , like ,new members are (most probably )old people and who not born in the computer age so they might come off a little strange ,
I’m not strange, but sometimes guys have to realize an answer’s not going to come in 5minutes, either.

I love to help- if I can but if I dont agree I try to keep it to myself. This is a great site with great people and I hope it stays that way.
Well, sometimes the “disagree” comment might be the correct one, OR at least it makes the OP think again?

U told them you lurked around FBBO didn’t ya? (Bastards!)

Yep I agree 100% give them a chance 1st
be polite 1st,
try & be a little patient, have some respect
some people are really hard to read, some come off bad
know-it-alls or hard to tell they are being a smart ***
or a complete condescending & total jackass,
like a select few are here, all US regulars here know who/whom
until they deserve being treated differently
the way they "earn being treated"...

Respect goes 2 ways, a little bit of civility goes a long way...

View attachment 561793
You guys gave me a chance.
How do you feel about that now????

Wow the red ‘ X ‘ still works, LOL! Just had to try it, sorry.

No one likes a smartass...
Cept me of course.

Screenshot_20180118-214325.png

Auto Transport Service
Back