• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How's about a little fuel injection?

So guys for a street hemi 472 automatic 10:1 with medium lopy cam do i need to switch out to a hi vacuume cam??? Does fitech take a refrence if i do get a accel distributor with its sensor and built in reluctor for timingposition?? I am not racing this car its a Thursday night car club car!

Let me get the manual for the timing question, but as far as cam - it can handle your cam no problem.

I am considering efi later on this year. I was wondering what made you go with FItech? I have been looking at all of the different brands and not really gravitating towards any one particular.

It had the right combo of features for me: 600HP (giving me plenty of headroom), fan control, no laptop needed, timing control, and no extra control boxes - it's totally self contained. Even has data logging feature if I ever decide to do some racin! Also has its own fuel pressure regulator inside.

On top of that, I bought from PACE PERFORMANCE because they support FBBO and I've read Johnny Mac's posts for years helping forum members out - customer support is a big thing for me...

So guys for a street hemi 472 automatic 10:1 with medium lopy cam do i need to switch out to a hi vacuume cam??? Does fitech take a refrence if i do get a accel distributor with its sensor and built in reluctor for timingposition?? I am not racing this car its a Thursday night car club car!

Here's the stuff on setting up timing control - figure I'd just botch the translation :)

Here's the link if the pix suck..

http://fitechefi.com/fitech-uploads/2016/07/QuickStartGuideFinalV5.pdf

IMG_6192.PNG

IMG_6193.PNG

IMG_6194.PNG

Seems like maybe you set base timing and the fitech takes over from there? Too lazy to walk out to the garage and get my manual

Does the advanced timing get set off the controller? I didn’t see any mention of advance in there

Yeah once you set it all up, you use the controller to set the timing advance and RPM it comes in at. The computer then creates the curve, so it acts like a normal dizzy, not just throwing all the advance in in one shot.

Edit: and yeah you set th base timing with the controller as well like you said, 67.

If it works well then it should really help alot with fuel issues and knock with crappy hitest we have today! I just one last question does it use a knock sensor? Hemi's Stage II are very easily hurt by Knock..

Awesome... I can stop by their office if you need some shook down!!

If it works well then it should really help alot with fuel issues and knock with crappy hitest we have today! I just one last question does it use a knock sensor? Hemi's Stage II are very easily hurt by Knock..

No knock sensor. That was something I looked into and none of them have it. Few years back I read about a homemade knock sensor. You have to calibrate it yourself and if I recall it's set up with a dummy light.

Pulled the trigger a few weeks ago and finally found some time for the install on the 451.

Went with the fitech Go EFI 4 which is a 4 injector 600HP throttle body

View attachment 524356
View attachment 524357 View attachment 524358

their in-tank kit is as beautiful as the throttle body.

View attachment 524359 View attachment 524360

Think she's smiling...

View attachment 524362

View attachment 524355 View attachment 524361
I'll be watching, I'm a bit partial to the nuts and bolts carbs but with my daughter's car coming it's either going to be a modern drivetrain or an injected 400BB.

She RUNS!! Fired right off once I purged the lines set the initial parameters. Didn't get to take it for a drive, but I warmed it up in the driveway. The throttle body is whistling pretty bad and it's idling way high, assuming it's a vac leak but I'm out of starter fluid to check it with - it'll wait for tomorrow.

Pics / video to come…

Glad I went with the in-tank pump - faint noise before startup and can't hear a thing while the car is running.

She RUNS!! Fired right off once I purged the lines set the initial parameters. Didn't get to take it for a drive, but I warmed it up in the driveway. The throttle body is whistling pretty bad and it's idling way high, assuming it's a vac leak but I'm out of starter fluid to check it with - it'll wait for tomorrow.

Pics / video to come…

Glad I went with the in-tank pump - faint noise before startup and can't hear a thing while the car is running.
Make sure you adjust the IAC steps, that should take care of the high idle.

Auto Transport Service
Back