• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HP?

chieftian

Local time
8:49 PM
Reaction score
I have a 360 LA, 40 over, RV cam, duel plane intake, 600 cfm Eddelbrock, how much HP do I have? I read a stock 360 had about 155 Hp.

Thank you! Now that I've heard that the Magnum was the next generation 360 I wonder if I could have dropped that in my 78Cordoba? What's the main difference between the two? Would the mounts match?

I have a 360 LA, 40 over, RV cam, duel plane intake, 600 cfm Eddelbrock, how much HP do I have? I read a stock 360 had about 155 Hp.
There is actually not enough information here for a guess. Cam specs, actual compression ratio and what kind of exhaust.

image.jpeg
Thank you! Now that I've heard that the Magnum was the next generation 360 I wonder if I could have dropped that in my 78Cordoba? What's the main difference between the two? Would the mounts match?
In short, yes it drops in.
What you would need if you do not have the Magnum foe plate is a B&M flex plate designed to mate the external balance of the Magnum engine to ether the neutral balanced converter or the weighted 360 converter. I did do the neutral converter.

Exhaust manifolds from the Cordoba would be an excellent exhaust to use. The Magnum could be used if they line up well for "B" body use. I used Hooker Super Comp headers at a 1-3/4 primary tube. They are a super excellent fit and finish with the P/S

Now, are you staying with the OEM/FI or switching to a carb set up?

I hate the fact the pictures always automatically insert up top.

Ok.. The 360 LA engine I have has an RV cam with 268 duration, 454 lift, 9:1 compression, and headers with 3' collectors with street flow "H" pipes. And high energy ignition.

That's great. I'll assume (with dangerous ground) that cam is a Comp cam of 218*@.050. I would let your power output a good bit higher and around the 300 or slightly better with an also assumed good tune from cam to distributor and a degreed cam.

Why wouldn't you post this info to begin with?

I like the pictures . Heads must be awesome! I do have the weighted converter. The the non weighted wobbled the engine. But I'm unhappy with my headers because the driver's side hangs below the steering linkage and scrapes when driving over a dip!! What's the main difference between the LA engine and the magnum engine?

Wow. You lost me on power output. And what do you mean by 300? I am struggling a bit with timing. I suppose I didn't post the specs on the cam just because I was looking for an estimate.

I like the pictures . Heads must be awesome! I do have the weighted converter. The the non weighted wobbled the engine. But I'm unhappy with my headers because the driver's side hangs below the steering linkage and scrapes when driving over a dip!! What's the main difference between the LA engine and the magnum engine?
The Hooker Super comps do not hang under the steering linkages and that was in part the main reason I used them again. (They work on B & E body small block cars and I have a '73 Cuda that needed better breathing.)

So...... I ordered up a set for the Magnum. You will NEVER know the difference in power. DO NOT listen to those who squak about a lack of low end torque and other issues with these headers. There ether know nothing key board jockeys or they completely suck at tuning car engines.

The main difference in the engines are;

Reciprocating assemblies have a different external balance. The flex plate is done up for a neutral balance converter.
The block doesn't have oiling provisions for LA heads
The heads themselves
The intake has vertical attaching screws
Timing cover has no provisions for a mechanical pump in the later years

Wow. You lost me on power output. And what do you mean by 300? I am struggling a bit with timing. I suppose I didn't post the specs on the cam just because I was looking for an estimate.
300 as in 300 HP
A top notch brand new distributor is probably going to be your best friend as far as dialing it in with ease and accuracy. There's many to choose from.

(Gotta catch a train... Later....)

Why wouldn't you post this info to begin with?[/QUOTE]

I thought it was a game, like guessing how many jelly beans are in the jar.

Pleasure, anything else?

Are you staying with the OEM FI or going to a carb?

Auto Transport Service
Back