• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hyrdgoon's - project angrybird

Car will look mean with 6 pk hood! Got my LM-2 yesterday, nice piece. Can't wait to try it!

Anxious to see how it looks and works too. I'll watch your thread for a pic

You gotta be going nuts..how will it handle... how fast will she be..how will she sound etc etc...but you know all that won't matter ....once the pedal hits the floor!

Al right now it's mostly "How will I pay for it!!" Hahaha

You're right though there's so many aspects to get excited about I've sort of lost track. It's going to be a different car when I get it back and I can't wait!

Hi Mike - I love what you have done to your car - so well thought out. I have been busy with a basement re-do for the last 1/2 year and my project has stalled a little. Will get 'er going again in a few weeks. Highest compliments to you !

Mike here is where I am at ! Regards! (I am not good at posting)

068.jpg 070.jpg 082.jpg 087.jpg

Been catching back up on your build Goon, looking good! I hope that T-56 doesn't crumple under all that power your gonna throw at it :)

I'm very jealous..

Are you going to dehump the rear wheel wells?

@ Knogood Great to see the progress! She's cleaning up nicely

@GearAddict Given the amount of twin turbo Vipers out there making crazy numbers with the T56 I'm pretty confident it will take the abuse.... I hope! lol

@69GTX De-hump of the wheel wells is definitely in the plans

Still no real updates till I receive the MF front end. Went over today and pushed the car outside on a dolly and using jackstands was able to get underneath it for further cleanup and trying to clean up the various types of undercoat this car has seen through it's life. Front end is almost ready to be rattle canned black again too ;) My "runner" has always been crooked too so I plan on fixing that while I'm at everything else lol

Cleanup.png
Cleanup1.png
Crooked Runner.png

Found out yesterday my lil best bud Dexter has a torn cruciate ligament which will require a $2000 surgery so that's just another kick in the junk!
Dex.png

And on a good note my lawn tractor finally made it's way to me yesterday. I bought this off my best friend last year but he lives 5 hours away and it was just a pain in the *** to get it down here. It's a 2010 I believe with only 30 hours on it! His Grandpa bought it but he always did his Grandpas lawn with his own Kubota zero steer so it just sat in a barn. He went through it, oil change and a new battery and gave it to me for $400 (about 315 US).. What a steal!!

JD.png

I meant too ask, and I'm not going too reread 30+ pages but are your going too stick with the Orange paint or go back too the original looking Rally Green? My vote is go with the Rally Green.

I meant too ask, and I'm not going too reread 30+ pages but are your going too stick with the Orange paint or go back too the original looking Rally Green? My vote is go with the Rally Green.

Given the fact that this is very much a factory OEM restoration I should go back to the rally green but I think I'm going to sway slightly from the factory specs and stay with the hemi orange ;) Not a chance in hell the whole car is getting repainted... just gotta spray what needs to be sprayed, apply a protective coating on the underside and as soon as I get my front end this thing can go together.

I've watched this about 20 times in the last 2 days. That's actually my blower on the car/owner I bought it from. Sounds sweeeet...

Sorry to hear about Dexter. Hope he's feeling better soon!

I love having my buddy in the garage with me
20151016_135328_resized.jpg

Still no real updates till I receive the MF front end. Went over today and pushed the car outside on a dolly and using jackstands was able to get underneath it for further cleanup and trying to clean up the various types of undercoat this car has seen through it's life. Front end is almost ready to be rattle canned black again too ;) My "runner" has always been crooked too so I plan on fixing that while I'm at everything else lol

View attachment 332319 View attachment 332320 View attachment 332321

Found out yesterday my lil best bud Dexter has a torn cruciate ligament which will require a $2000 surgery so that's just another kick in the junk!
View attachment 332322

And on a good note my lawn tractor finally made it's way to me yesterday. I bought this off my best friend last year but he lives 5 hours away and it was just a pain in the *** to get it down here. It's a 2010 I believe with only 30 hours on it! His Grandpa bought it but he always did his Grandpas lawn with his own Kubota zero steer so it just sat in a barn. He went through it, oil change and a new battery and gave it to me for $400 (about 315 US).. What a steal!!

View attachment 332323
Thanks for the thread goon! Are you using anything other than elbow grease ,bloody knuckles and a mouth full of dirt to get the under coating off? I had mine up on the lift and tried pressure washing a lot of it off with little success... Scrapped & chipped a bunch but still have a lot left... What are you going back with? Thanks

Thanks for the thread goon! Are you using anything other than elbow grease ,bloody knuckles and a mouth full of dirt to get the under coating off? I had mine up on the lift and tried pressure washing a lot of it off with little success... Scrapped & chipped a bunch but still have a lot left... What are you going back with? Thanks

Pretty much just everything you mentioned. The only trick is the shop has an outdoor hot water hookup so once I started running hot through the pressure washer it was much more efficient. I didn't get everything though... next step is a slightly more powerful pressure washer with the hot and anything after that will be scraped by hand

Have you guys tried a needle scaler to remove undercoating?
I first saw this tool on this site and told a friend abut it who was strippiing undercoating, he bought one and loved it.

View attachment 332319 View attachment 332320 View attachment 332321

View attachment 332322

View attachment 332323
Mike - Holy cow ! you have been busy ! Congratulations on your progress. I wish to know more about de-humping the wheel house on the quarter panel side. Seems The "ledge" in the quarter panel side prohibits a lowered stance with bigger tires. You can see the "ledge" in the 2nd photo of my wheelhouse.... What is behind there? Why is that there ? Anyhow good luck on your build - looks great !

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back