• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hyrdgoon's - project angrybird

OK is it just me or does the pic of my wheel well in post #606 look different than Patrick's post in 623? Did mine already have some work done possibly?

Patrick there's really 2 ways most people go about it. First if the rear quarters are off the car is to cut out the hump and weld in a new strip. Second and the way I would/will go about it since there is nothing behind it is essentially to beat it out with I guess what I would say is an air chisel with the hammer type attachment.... go nice and slow and you can do a pretty nice job of it from what I've seen especially since you can pick your angles with the rotisserie.

I have a secret weapon in my corner. My buddy Randy that is doing all the metal work on this ol' dodge said he would take care of the wheel wells for me :)

46 Dodge.png

Now onto the frustrating news. Spoke with Clint at Magnum Force yesterday and I have nothing but good things to say about him or his company. That man will do whatever he can in his power to please the customer.... That said unfortunately right now his Wilwood products are all back ordered because of a delay with the supplier.

I need the front end with brakes before I can move on to the final fitment and then paint so I'm pretty much in a hold pattern at their mercy. :(

For those recommending a needle scaler I had originally looked into one years ago and then didn't purchase because I wasn't going to touch under the car until some day the ol' girl got a full resto.... The wide scope of this years project kinda snuck up on me so I'm pretty much 90% done and late in the game now to bother picking one up.... To do it all again I would have bought one and could still use one now I just can't justify the cost with such little cleanup left to do.

Very frustrating having a project in limbo due to parts, hope they get on the ball. Love that Rod, mean looking machine!

Now onto the frustrating news. Spoke with Clint at Magnum Force yesterday and I have nothing but good things to say about him or his company. That man will do whatever he can in his power to please the customer.... That said unfortunately right now his Wilwood products are all back ordered because of a delay with the supplier.

I need the front end with brakes before I can move on to the final fitment and then paint so I'm pretty much in a hold pattern at their mercy. :(

For those recommending a needle scaler I had originally looked into one years ago and then didn't purchase because I wasn't going to touch under the car until some day the ol' girl got a full resto.... The wide scope of this years project kinda snuck up on me so I'm pretty much 90% done and late in the game now to bother picking one up.... To do it all again I would have bought one and could still use one now I just can't justify the cost with such little cleanup left to do.

Goon . . . there's always another way . . .

Remember that I got the MF front end too - and I think we talked about it, and you went and got the same setup that I did . . . mine is sitting in my spare bedroom . . . so I can ship them to you - and MF can ship them to me when they get in stock ? ?

What you think ? ? ?

Remember that I got the MF front end too - and I think we talked about it, and you went and got the same setup that I did . . . mine is sitting in my spare bedroom . . . so I can ship them to you - and MF can ship them to me when they get in stock ? ?

What you think ? ? ?
You da man....... I mean Sasquatch! Always looking out for your buds. I didn't know Goon ordered the same kit, did I miss something?

What you think ? ? ?

Friends like you and Dev are why this board is the greatest place on the Internet. Might take you up on that we'll see what Clint says and what it would take in logistics

Dev apparently you did miss that! Lol

Friends like you and Dev are why this board is the greatest place on the Internet. Might take you up on that we'll see what Clint says and what it would take in logistics

Dev apparently you did miss that! Lol
Aparently
Thought I was in the loop? I really like the looks of that kit versus the other.

OK is it just me or does the pic of my wheel well in post #606 look different than Patrick's post in 623? Did mine already have some work done possibly?

Patrick there's really 2 ways most people go about it. First if the rear quarters are off the car is to cut out the hump and weld in a new strip. Second and the way I would/will go about it since there is nothing behind it is essentially to beat it out with I guess what I would say is an air chisel with the hammer type attachment.... go nice and slow and you can do a pretty nice job of it from what I've seen especially since you can pick your angles with the rotisserie.

I have a secret weapon in my corner. My buddy Randy that is doing all the metal work on this ol' dodge said he would take care of the wheel wells for me :)

View attachment 332698

Mike, thanks for the comments - I do think yours has been worked or is different from the factory as it seems to be sloped. Maybe I shoud just cut out say 16", and weld it shut again with a shaped piece.

Keep on rockin'

Got some pics from the machine shop today that did my new brackets and pulley for the Procharger (also got his bill.... damn near flipped out!)

Yesterday I did another parts run to my stateside mailbox to grab a few of the items that I needed. Had to replace the Harmonic Balancer and timing chain cover (No clue why mine went south) Went with the Milodon "Road Race" low profile oil pan (MIL-31580) so had to get the pick up with that along with my new cam and a few other bits and pieces (a hardware kit for the grille my tabs were missing and a new "Road Runner" emblem for the trunk

Here's some pics of the Procharger bracket setup

Bracket.png
bracket4.png
bracket5.png
bracket7.png
bracket8.png
bracket9.png
bracket10.png
Bracket.png
bracket4.png
bracket5.png
bracket7.png
bracket8.png
bracket9.png
bracket10.png

SO this is where I'm at for now. Still waiting for the Magnum Force Kit which is on backorder because of Brakes. For those that caught it Kahn made me a VERY generous offer above to ship me his brake kit in the mean time so I can set everything up for fitment and it is greatly appreciated but hard to take advantage of with cross border shipping and makes sense just to wait it out with MF. The other aspect is I'm pretty much tapped out money wise so I'll have damn near every part together for this car but really not sure I will have the funds to get the whole thing together right away.... we'll see how that plays out.

Good lookin parts from the machine shop. That kind of work always takes more time than you'd think. Looks like you might have to work some OT to help fund it... Always the case, I'm currently spending about 2x what I'm bringing home a week on my project and I thought I had all the big ticket items bought! :BangHead:

I feel for you, it almost makes you sick sometimes as you watch things snowball. Really hope something pops up to free up some funds.

Unfortunately my work
Good lookin parts from the machine shop. That kind of work always takes more time than you'd think. Looks like you might have to work some OT to help fund it... Always the case, I'm currently spending about 2x what I'm bringing home a week on my project and I thought I had all the big ticket items bought! :BangHead:

I had a bracket that came with the head unit but it was off a car where he had moved the engine back to gain room so nothing would line up but it left us a great templete. That said he had 60 hours into the bracket and pulley so at shop rate you can imagine where that ended up! The new pulley is 1 1/2 times what I paid for the head unit with multiple pulleys and brackets! :(

Unfortunately the type of work I do is hours dependent on whether or not there are projects for me to inspect. So the overtime just isn't up for grabs and right now not much in the schedule even through the week. The reality is looking like I'm going to end up bringing the car home and sitting on it while I pay off the shop balance which sucks but probably won't have much other choice... ended up going WAAAAYYYY deeper this year than planned

Oh BTW these brackets are still to be anodized black along with my new billet valve covers and the Head Unit is getting painted with Black Wrinkle high temp. I think that will look pretty damn good

Boy do I wish I we were closer, those brackets would be a weekend in the shop having a few drinks doing what we enjoy.... making Mopars even faster! Hate seeing people get hosed, from the looks of those brackets I'm betting some CNC programming was in the bill as well. CNC's are great but for one off parts sometimes the old school method is more feasible. At least they look great and I like the tensioner adjustment.

Yep seems like you spend a couple hours writing the program then 45 minutes in the CNC center. I want to G01

Feel for you man, sucks to have a project go way over budget but I think that's the normal.

Wow!!! Talk about taking the car to the next level. It looked great before but now it will be insane! I can't wait to see the stance with the new wheels on it.

Well it's been a while but there is at least some motion again. I had a breakdown failure of my most important tool that halted progress for a while.... My wallet!

So there's been a few happenings in the last year or so while the car has been sitting. When we took the rear end down for blast and powdercoat we found it to be a tad bit BENT! lol Obviousbly from some previous collision damage and there were other areas of the car that need to be addressed from accidents as well. I'll get to that :)

Here are some pics of the bent 8 3/4 and our solution a sheetmetal 8 3/4 with thicker axle tubes and brackets for 4 link/torque arm whichever way I go (really wanted torque arm but at this point I think it will be a custom triangulated 4 link)

So the car is now on the frame table at my friends Chassis Shop - Webber Chassis mounted to what we believe will be ride height (from floor to rocker 8" front and 8.5" rear) and trial fit my new wheels at the same time. I'm definitely going to a tire with more sidewall after I melt these off. I looked for options before and they were damn expensive but I'll have to bite the bullet

So right now the plan is to finish the 8 3/4 (btw we have enough cut to make 10 more) mini-tub and replace my trunk floor (as soon as the new trunk floor is in dump 4 litres of 5W30 all over it so it's the same as before) finish the rear suspension and then head up front for some other big changes

Hopefully I will be back here with more regular progress now

bent.png bent1.png WC 8.75.png WC 8.75(1).png WC 8.75(2).png WC 8.75(3).png WC AngryBird.png WC AngryBird1.png

Only 4 liters . .
i would have to put your current trunk at 5 maybe 6 liters . . . don't want to go too low back there . . .

LMAO ! !

Will be nice to have a clean and dry trunk for a change, won't it ? ?

Auto Transport Service
Back