• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I figured I'd buy from a FABO sponsor, so I called...

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:26 AM
Reaction score
Wildcat auto wrecking to check price and availability for front and rear bumpers for a 65 Dart I am working on.
$300 EACH ????
Whuuuuut ??
I have bumpers, I just want nicer ones. What does it cost to have bumpers rechromed? If it is around $300 each to rechrome, why would anyone pay that much for 52 year old parts???
Maybe I am spoiled by the self serve yards. The Pick-N-Pull yards are about $50 plus a core.

I have never been impressed with Wild cat, so I was surprised when they became a sponsor, maybe they have new management now, but a few years back I contacted them looking for parts, told the guy what I was looking for, he said he would get back to me and they never called me back, that was actually the second and last time I tried to get parts from them!

if you want to rechrome your bumpers, contact Ogden Chrome, I know the prices have gone up since I had mine done 4 years ago at 525 per bumper, but that also included shipping to and from plus bumper repair and triple plate copper nickel chrome, and they did an excellent job!

Really? Even $500 apiece seems crazy!

I don’t remember exactly what I paid but think it was around $500 for both with the bumper connection in Los Angeles - they did a great job including some repair and copper, nickel, chrome plating. It might have been $100 more than that but no more. I had them do my tail pipes too.

Friend's 68 Barracuda. $400 each for Show chrome. This quote from a Body Shop called Paul's on Kit Kat Drive, Mound House, Nevada.

Last edited:
I don’t remember exactly what I paid but think it was around $500 for both with the bumper connection in Los Angeles - they did a great job including some repair and copper, nickel, chrome plating. It might have been $100 more than that but no more. I had them do my tail pipes too.
My 62 Fury front and rear for $530 delivered to Carlisle. 30 day turnaround

Mine were $375 ea as I recall. Somewhere here in Sac, Dean has that contact. Let me know if you want it. They even pounded out a few very minor indentations. That is 5+ years ago now already so I'm sure there has to have been some cost adjustment since then.

Wildcat once came to the spring fling show at Woodley park and the guy who was working the space was not Friendly at all, But they do have they have a Bitch'n Yard !!

I think 450$ each for my GTX bumpers. Show chrome & some dents and square holes fixed. Sioux City Chrome.

Wildcat auto wrecking to check price and availability for front and rear bumpers for a 65 Dart I am working on.
$300 EACH ????
Whuuuuut ??
I have bumpers, I just want nicer ones. What does it cost to have bumpers rechromed? If it is around $300 each to rechrome, why would anyone pay that much for 52 year old parts???
Maybe I am spoiled by the self serve yards. The Pick-N-Pull yards are about $50 plus a core.
I wanted a set of spare headlight mounting buckets that I could piss around with in an attempt to mount new headlight housings. The hole in the rear of the buckets would have to be enlarged. Damned if I wasn't quoted $150 for them. Not like someone is asking for things like these everyday. Their usually the last thing on junkyard cars to go if they ever go at all.

i was quoted $550 from a local company for a "driver quality" rechrome. mine is chromed with a small area of discoloration. No thanks...I'll keep what I got...you have to look a certain angle to see the discoloration.

There is an auto body supply that calls on body shops all over the USA. They used to be called 'Keystone" but was bought out and is now known as a 3 letter name . Something like TDK.????? They will pick up and deliver your bumpers at any shop they call on. ( saves a lot of $ on shipping) They straighten. repair, and triple chrome bumpers at their facility in South Central? Minn. They will give you a price on what each bumper will cost before you even ship. About $375 each for most B body sizes. . I ( and my brother) was VERY pleased with ours. Turn around time depends on their work load................MO

Yeah -I’m from MN -I remember Keystone. Thought they went out of business. Glad they were bought out. There’s not to many re-chrome places left in the Twin Cities.

Just because they're a "sponsor" doesn't mean they're bad - or good (won't name names, for I do appreciate the fact that they support the site).

Put simply, they're advertisers like any other. Caveat emptor as with anyone else, anywhere else.

-Kurt

Really? Even $500 apiece seems crazy!
It cost me that much to rechrome my vent window frames!!! Chrome is stupid expensive but you have to realize it's all acids and chemicals which means $$$ thanks to our Gov.

Auto Transport Service
Back