• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need some racing pictures!

Car Nut ,,Not any good ones But here goes...I got the body bolted together.Plan on taking more photos this week.

0709161415a.jpg 0709161416a.jpg

yes , is it a 63 fury 2 dr h/t has paint between the moldings ?
DCP01159.JPG
DCP01160.JPG
05190027.jpg
Fury.png
my 63 sf has scales in between the moldings .

Yes the red stripe is between the moldings. The car has been a racer most of it's life and over the years has gone thru changes.It was sitting for over 12 or more years and was cannibalized loosing most of it's parts.It took 5 different cars from all over the country to bring it back from the dead. Plans are basic Bracket racer/Nostalgia Super Stock.

Mike you have a part in this as I bought a set of Super stock leaf springs from you that will be going on the car. I also got a complete rear from another member here. 500 inch Indy Stroker short block with Edelbrock heads (or Stealth as I have both) Comp Cam Doug Thorley headers and many other parts that have been collected for the last 40 years. Yep, parts from my high school days when I was racing this 63 Fury.Photo is from 41 years ago when it came out of the paint shop.I was 19 at the time.
Anyway, the car has been in storage for the last year and a half.Hope to start bolting more parts together as soon as life gets out of the way.
Mike I guess once a racer,,always a racer.

Keystone.JPG

Yes the red stripe is between the moldings. The car has been a racer most of it's life and over the years has gone thru changes.It was sitting for over 12 or more years and was cannibalized loosing most of it's parts.It took 5 different cars from all over the country to bring it back from the dead. Plans are basic Bracket racer/Nostalgia Super Stock.

Mike you have a part in this as I bought a set of Super stock leaf springs from you that will be going on the car. I also got a complete rear from another member here. 500 inch Indy Stroker short block with Edelbrock heads (or Stealth as I have both) Comp Cam Doug Thorley headers and many other parts that have been collected for the last 40 years. Yep, parts from my high school days when I was racing this 63 Fury.Photo is from 41 years ago when it came out of the paint shop.I was 19 at the time.
Anyway, the car has been in storage for the last year and a half.Hope to start bolting more parts together as soon as life gets out of the way.

View attachment 499547
Love it......

thats great , my 63 sport fury golden commando has campaigned by cecil yother's melrose missile plymounth team trans man . steve reynolds he raced it for years , it went record in ihra in 73 . with a wild 383 one 850 all steel car went 10.73 in drag trim . the current package is a driver 440 max wedged rb it ran 11.80 in street trim . but the new engine will be wilder 470 b blocked alloy stage 6's chapmans fully pro ported and will still use the max wedge type intake . still in the build , so more fun to come , lol .
63 sport fury mw sear point runnin 11.jpg
05190025.jpg
05190026.jpg
05190027.jpg
Fury.png
Scan0045_0045.jpg
Scan0046_0046.jpg
Scan0047_0047.jpg
Scan0048_0048.jpg

i look forward to twisting that tach to its 470's new red line . and of course going to fast for that rollbar it will cage up as well as two forward bars to the frame horns .

05190025.jpg

2 more shots,glass and trim installed. Waiting for bumpers and front splash pan to come back from the body shop.

IMG_2740.jpg IMG_2741.jpg

View attachment 499547

That looks like a nice job on the rear wheel openings in the picture. I noticed they have been replaced in your later pictures. Front suspension moved foward?

What kind of times were you running back in the day and where did you run?

The wheel wells on the green car ? A 15 year old boy working at the body shop did those. The car now grey had many body parts replaced.It is cut for tubs that need to be installed. No the front was not moved ahead. The front is setting on 2x4's to roll it around.
Keystone Raceway Park is the track back in 76. Complete drivetrain came from a very rusty 68 Charger R/T that I bought from a local Dodge dealer for $500. 12.40's with headers and 4.56 gears.Ready to race total cost was $1500.

keystone_a2.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back