• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm thinking about making a short movie.

That name “Sinnomon” is also a popular one for some dark skinned strippers but I don’t recall how I know that.
vhjklbjk.gif

:p :p :p

Strippers… what a conflicting feeling I get from all of that.
I’m excited by them but often turned off that they are doing it for money.
It is strange, I know.
Back on point….

I've gone through some videos that I recorded back in the late 90s. I've been trying to assess what old footage I can use and recycle and what new footage I'll need to record. I recorded so much stuff that I haven't watched in years. Seeing people and friends that I lost contact with, locations that have changed a LOT....
I had a section where I drove by TWO Hollywood Video stores. Remember those??

I've gone through some videos that I recorded back in the late 90s. I've been trying to assess what old footage I can use and recycle and what new footage I'll need to record. I recorded so much stuff that I haven't watched in years. Seeing people and friends that I lost contact with, locations that have changed a LOT....
I had a section where I drove by TWO Hollywood Video stores. Remember those??
Our last Blockbuster disappeared about ten years ago now....maybe more.
Which is really sad because I was involved in the electrical fit-out of the very first Blockbuster store in New Zealand.....when I was an apprentice.

The big movie of the day was "Footloose" I still have a couple of the promotion 'feet' stickers inside my old apprentice toolbox lid.

Our last Blockbuster disappeared about ten years ago now....maybe more.
Which is really sad because I was involved in the electrical fit-out of the very first Blockbuster store in New Zealand.....when I was an apprentice.

The big movie of the day was "Footloose" I still have a couple of the promotion 'feet' stickers inside my old apprentice toolbox lid.

What replaced it?

I’ve seen cell phone stores move into old Blockbuster locations.

Well, with my long white hair I make a good old-timey cowboy, biker, or Nordic tribesman. If you need a hub next to the Rockies you can work outta here,

I’ve had a movie in the works now for a couple decades. It’s called “Instant Karma”, and it revolves around a real life character in my life who is a bonafide Northern California hippy, who decides to move back to Michigan with his hippy family. Thing happen along the way and while he’s here to strip him of his karma, a little bit at a time. He shares with me a couple songs he had been noodling with, and I take them and make them into real songs and they take off for me and my band. That strips him of even more karma because he was going to do great things with them, like save the whales and what not, and I’m using them for my capitalistic gains. In the end, he ends up an unidentifiable street rat who is selling pencils at one of my gigs at candlestick park, where I recognize him and bring him back into the fold. He joins the band onstage to do the songs, and all is well. All the capitalistic gains I’ve made with his music is now being used to save the whales and what not, just in a more roundabout way. There’s lots of funny stuff that happens along the way, and the irony of it is that it’s all true. He loves the movie, and really it’s just waiting on me to write the screenplay and get it into production.

So there, there’s my movie!

I pitched a horror movie idea to a friend. You know conventional wisdom portrays a soul that sticks around in the area where their life was lost, like their old home, insane asylum, etc. Graveyards never made much sense as a haunted place since the soul and body have been separated for days before the body gets planted there.

My premise was sometimes in a fatal car crash the soul could get trapped and lost in the metal mashup of the car or truck. The bad guy demon was buying up these cars crushing them and extracting the souls for the devil. I even had a name for the business. Nate's Salvage. One of the first clues as to what was going on was when a family member was leaving the yard and read the name backwards in their rear view mirror. Oooo spooky.

That has potential, Steve. Sometimes the movies that have unusual themes are really interesting.

Auto Transport Service
Back