• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In need of a good shop manual for a 68' Coronet?

Lenny B

Local time
9:37 PM
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Can anyone recommend a good shop manual? I'm starting my first Mopar project which is a 68' Coronet and think having a good reference manual is a must. What's the actual name of your recommended one to have on hand?

Also, are there any "best" brands of after market sheet metal companies as well as any to avoid? I know I'm going to need a drivers quarter for sure.

Thanks in advance. Lenny B.

Hello Everyone,

Can anyone recommend a good shop manual? I'm starting my first Mopar project which is a 68' Coronet and think having a good reference manual is a must. What's the actual name of your recommended one to have on hand?

Also, are there any "best" brands of after market sheet metal companies as well as any to avoid? I know I'm going to need a drivers quarter for sure.

Thanks in advance. Lenny B.

As far as repo sheet metal I got - and most people on this site- use AMD - All Metal Direct. They produce some pretty good metal.

Mymopar has service for 69 Dodge Coronet it should work for you. They also have parts manuals, I've never looked at them.
http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=109

The parts manuals are actually more handy in some cases. They show all the parts in an exploded view which can help figure things out sometimes when the manual does not give you a good visual.

Found parts manual difficult to use from Mymopar.
Maybe I'm not desperate enough to figure out a way, I have a parts manual. Maybe a computer guy who knows how to run a split screen? Flipping pages is a pain on a computer.

Here you go in red.

upload_2017-5-26_12-2-3.png

Found parts manual difficult to use from Mymopar.
Maybe I'm not desperate enough to figure out a way, I have a parts manual. Maybe a computer guy who knows how to run a split screen? Flipping pages is a pain on a computer.

I bought my factory service manual on amazon - if I remember right it cost me $50.

Auto Transport Service
Back