• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Instrument Panel Lights

The Rebel

Local time
2:05 AM
Reaction score
Hey Guys. Before I get into yet another project just wanted to make sure you can change the lights w/o having to take the entire dash out.

I've read it can be done if you have small hands and a TON of patience......... I ended up removing mine to add LED's to my instrument panel. I never could reach all of the plugs otherwise.

it can be done, but some are a tight fit to get to.

Yea definitely a tight squeeze. I can reach the turn signal bulbs but man it is tight in there especially with the seat in the way. Wish they designed the dash so that you could just take the face plate off to get to the bulbs w/o having to remove the entire dash....

I waited until winter and removed the entire panel and sent it off for restoration while the car was in storage. It's not hard to do, although in my case it led to other projects while I had access behind it...

Yea that's what I'm going to do. Isn't that what always happens, you start 1 project & 2 more pop up, lol.
:lol:

I waited until winter and removed the entire panel and sent it off for restoration while the car was in storage. It's not hard to do, although in my case it led to other projects while I had access behind it...

Auto Transport Service
Back