• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior Rear Window Headliner Trim - All Cars

69Superbee!

Local time
12:46 PM
Reaction score
I have been working on the interior of my 1969 Superbee and have benefitted immensely from the knowledge on this forum. I am usually in too much of a hurry to take photos, make posts, etc. I searched this subject but did not find many solutions to this ubiquitous problem, so I decided to join the forum and use this as my first post. I bought the 6-piece interior rear window trim kit as illustrated in the picture and tried for 2-days to get it installed. In my opinion this kit is severely over priced and under designed. I did run across someone's comment that they used door edge trim. Sounded like a great idea to me, so I searched Amazon and found a high quality / low priced product that I just installed in 10 minutes. I am certain that this will work for almost any classic car. I just have it on the sides and top, decided to take a break, do this post and finish it at a later time. The plan is to use the kit bottom piece and 2 corner pieces at the bottom of the rear window and then black silicone sealant / adhesive in the small gap between the trim and window, for a pro finish look. This trim is very flexible, super easy to install and looks great. The U.S. and Canada Amazon link to the product is below, I purchased the 10-foot piece and that was more than enough to do the sides and top, this product is a little wider than most, which is what is needed, for maximum coverage, in case your have damage to the edge of your headliner, as I did:

Amazon product ASIN B00KGAKG2G
Amazon product ASIN B00KGAKG2G
Rear Window Trim Kit.jpg

Screenshot_20231224-104431_Photos.jpg

Window Trim 1.jpg

Silicone Sealant - Black.jpg

Last edited:
That trim line **** is junk, sold by Year One.

Pretty sure I fully covered it in my restoration thread that's a sticky. We were just talking about this yesterday and I shared the link and showed the pictures of what "Dodge" used and "Plymouth" used. That said, many of our Bee's came with Plymouths system, thank god!
Rear Window Windlace Trim?

And Plymouth used basically what you've sourced for the sides and top.. and thanks for showing the amazon link!!

Last edited:
That trim line **** is junk, sold by Year One.

Pretty sure I fully covered it in my restoration thread that's a sticky. We were just talking about this yesterday and I shared the link and showed the pictures of what "Dodge" used and "Plymouth" used. That said, many of our Bee's came with Plymouths system, thank god!
Rear Window Windlace Trim?
Yes, I think some of the words of wisdom in your post motivated me to try harder and come up with a solution :) The Plymouth style one looks like it would be a much easier install, unfortunately, not what I had or received, so had to compromise and am happy with the results. Is there a link for just the Plymouth style bottom trim piece? I will also need to do my 68. Thanks, Kurt

Yes, I think some of the words of wisdom in your post motivated me to try harder and come up with a solution :) The Plymouth style one looks like it would be a much easier install, unfortunately, not what I had or received, so had to compromise and am happy with the results. Is there a link for just the Plymouth style bottom trim piece? I will also need to do my 68. Thanks, Kurt
Yes, you can buy it from Year One as well. It's plastic vs the OE rubbery one but it's not bad. I actually have one on my parts shelf that Kevin King coughed up for me after my unhappiness with the "Dodge" crap I got from them.

I just came in from the shop to my Wife jumping though hoops, but I'll see if I can slip back out and find it and get some pictures.

This is their listing... currently unavailable but listed at $42 US.

https://www.yearone.com/Product/chrysler-b-body/0h5112

I would suggest posting a WTBuy for a Plymouth OE strip first and if that falls through I do have this one here... but don't want to turn your thread into a WTB and get it toasted.
20231224_161452.jpg
20231224_161516.jpg
20231224_161534.jpg

Now back to the house before I find myself stung up like the decorations!

This is their listing... currently unavailable but listed at $42 US.

https://www.yearone.com/Product/chrysler-b-body/0h5112

I would suggest posting a WTBuy for a Plymouth OE strip first and if that falls through I do have this one here... but don't want to turn your thread into a WTB and get it toasted.
View attachment 1578994View attachment 1578995View attachment 1578996
Now back to the house before I find myself stung up like the decorations!

Awesome, yes, the one on the right looks like a better design and an easy installation. I am taking the 69 to Barrett Jackson Auction in Scottsdale next month, see what I can find from the vendors down there. It will be a while before I get onto the 68, lots of projects on the go, retirement is busier than working. Thanks for the follow-up and information. Merry Christmas

the one piece windlace type trim is F shaped so it closes the gap between the pinch weld and glass once installed

It also
may be worth mentioning here that the 4 door cars used the wind lace type around the whole perimeter of the back glass.
That’s a good source if you can find any parts cars to get it from.

I maybe have some of this if still needed ??? send me a pm

Auto Transport Service
Back