• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Introducing the 1979 Chrysler 300

Northeast300

Local time
2:12 AM
Reaction score
I came across this ad while searching parts and information for my 300, I love finding stuff like this. I have a Road & Track magazine from 1979 with a 3 or 4 page article on the '79 300 as well.

ww1069h.jpg
ww1069i.jpg

Damn good and overlooked car.They were full of great parts out of Mopar's bins just like the cop cars.Although very heavy they were fast for the day,and handled great too. I really loved mine when I had it.

Damn good and overlooked car.They were full of great parts out of Mopar's bins just like the cop cars.Although very heavy they were fast for the day,and handled great too. I really loved mine when I had it.

'Damn good and overlooked', maybe, but definitely not 'damn good looking'! Lol. That era of car from the big three were sooooo ugly

Last edited:
I have had mine for 3 years and have rebuilt the front end with all new bushings making it handle like new again! For a big car it is definitely underpowered but I am not out to set land speed records these days so this is a great cruiser. I am amazed at the attention it gets when I go to shows, it's such an unknown car that is starting to get some attention.

I won't dis-agree with you there. When that body style came out in 75 thought was "MY god what were they thinking.??" Dad ended up buying a 75 Charger.What a road car. In 79 I was begging him to trade for the 300,,didn't happen.35 years later I got one.

I won't dis-agree with you there. When that body style came out in 75 thought was "MY god what were they thinking.??" Dad ended up buying a 75 Charger.What a road car. In 79 I was begging him to trade for the 300,,didn't happen.35 years later I got one.

I honestly kinda like the late 70's era style, I had a '77 Monte Carlo years ago and a '76 Cordoba in high school (it was 10 years old at the time) The era of the early '80s was a bad bad time for all auto makers!

Auto Transport Service
Back