• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there a wipe on product that's clear?

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:42 PM
Reaction score
Was watching Roadworthy Rescues and he mentioned a product that was a coating that was clear.....haven't ever seen something like that but could you actually take a clear that's made for spraying and wipe it on? I know he likes to wipe on his own concoction of stuff so thinking that's what he did....

Edit: Apparently there is a wipe on product....found it on Amazon. Oooo k. Anyone used it before?

Last edited:
Was watching Roadworthy Rescues and he mentioned a product that was a coating that was clear.....haven't ever seen something like that but could you actually take a clear that's made for spraying and wipe it on? I know he likes to wipe on his own concoction of stuff so thinking that's what he did....

Edit: Apparently there is a wipe on product....found it on Amazon. Oooo k. Anyone used it before?
What's the product name? Interested in getting it also.

How about Patina Preserver? :p

Shine Juice - Patina Preserver

Screenshot_20231105-191606~2.png

Yup, I’ve heard Derek use the phrase “Shine Juice” many a times on VGG. He swears by it for patina. Looks like it works pretty well, on YT anyway…

He mentions the recipe for his shine juice in one of his episodes, but can't remember which one. I think it's equal parts boiled linseed oil, denatured alcohol & shellac.
How durable is it?

Auto Transport Service
Back