• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's 20 here this morning....

8 here when I woke up. Schools have been closed all week. High today 24 and on Sunday 62.

-4 in Iowa
And that was warm compared to the night before then add in the wind made for 7 hrs thawing waterlines for the cattle. Some people say the windchill has no effect on inanimate objects. I say BS....always have more issues with stuff when its been windy and sub zero air temps.

I was up till 3:00am cleaning out the attic..... It's usually about 150 degrees up there.. never broke a sweat and the floor kept the beer ice cold!

Maybe this thread should morph in to wind chill on an engine? ‘They’ say wind has no effect to an inantimate object; not totally sure myself.
Wind chill only effects bare skin. It's rapid evaporation. Cold air evaporating the moisture on the skin. Dangerous stuff!

6:00am here and it's around 77F....expecting temps to reach high 80's....not bad for a rainy, stormy, humid day. :D

6:00am here and it's around 77F....expecting temps to reach high 80's....not bad for a rainy, stormy, humid day. :D

:mad:

farted snowflakes.jpg

When I was a teenager, my Dad worked at an Abattoir - in the freezer division. There was an unwritten rule about no farting in the freezer....as they would 'hang' around - you could just about see a fart in the cold. Anyone caught would get 'iced' - loose ice forcibly put down their trousers. :D Sounded like a fun time, but very hard work, loading frozen carcasses on railway wagons all day - 14 hr days at that.

Just a little dusting here
20180117_095855.jpg

And warmed up to 11 overnight, summer's almost here.

Forecast for us tomorrow morning is 28*

...and where I actually am is usually a few * below the forecast.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

No vid of today, but here's a fairly hot pic of our weather girl...

22519150_1481923525224423_5903583023174739792_n.jpg

It's a balmy 55*+ right now in the central eastern
Calif. Sierra Foothills
it has gotten a bit cold at night,
but just high 30*'s for a couple hrs,
a few nights especially wen it's clear skies, down in the hi-20*'s
until the SUN comes out

gotta' love Calif. :realcrazy: weather :poke:

now I said that we'll probably get snow all next week
it happens here enough, I'm just glad it's not snowing now
it very well could be

Last edited:
+1 this morning here. Yesterday it was -5 in the morning the wind chill at 45mph froze the 50 50 antifreeze in my radiator. I Should have put cardboard in front of it before I left home.
The wind will bring down the temp faster than not having any wind. Look at it this way. If the outside temp is say 36 and the wind chill is 20, you won't have any freezing happening. Wind chill does not make the temp go lower.....it just makes it feel like it's lower to humans. Take a fan and put it on an ice cube when it's 34 outside and that ice cube will melt and it will melt faster with the fan on high. I'm thinking your antifreeze isn't 50/50 or is old....?

Maybe this thread should morph in to wind chill on an engine? ‘They’ say wind has no effect to an inantimate object; not totally sure myself.
See above.

And that was warm compared to the night before then add in the wind made for 7 hrs thawing waterlines for the cattle. Some people say the windchill has no effect on inanimate objects. I say BS....always have more issues with stuff when its been windy and sub zero air temps.
Sure it feels that way but like I mentioned above, 36 degree air temp with a 20 degree wind chill will not freeze stuff. It didn't get over 35 here today but even with a 28 degree wind chill, all the ice hanging off the shop and house went away.

According to the democrats, the Russians have interfered with our weather, by moving the Siberian weather vortex over to the continental north America.

Auto Transport Service
Back