• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Its here!! I've got bird Brains.

Pardon my blasphemous thoughts, but on CLONES only,why not do a covered headlight ? If the hidden lights are a big problem to get right, why not ? Put down that bucket of tar & bag of feathers ! Just a thought !

Last edited:
I like your thinking 4speed! Will have to use a shorter square lights the rounds are to tall to shine out the hole totally.

- - - Updated - - -

I said I was a Iron guy. It's stout, I stood on top of it 185lbs should do the trick. Plus now I have an iron base to build all my lighting brackets off of.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 504
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 507
Headliner time

Not bad for 80% done and my first one. The bungee straps are a life saver. I've watched videos of guys using clamps but after cutting back to the headliner mounting lip on both sides of the bow sleeves and pulling it tight with the bungees it stretched out really well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 484
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 496
Ludeke74, I don't intend the CLONE to be an insult. Just wanted to make sure no one thought I was suggesting the covered headlights on an original car. I'd be afraid to drive a Daytona,Superbird, or a 69 500. But a tribute car can be used & enjoyed.

Headliner and trim done. Windows in. Floor insulation and carpet in.

- - - Updated - - -

Rear seat done along with shoulder belts build for the kids.

- - - Updated - - -

Door panels also.

- - - Updated - - -

Other than some more nose cone alignment and headlights this is how I'm rolling this summer. The rear body work will have to wait till next winter. I got the a/c working and all the parts coming to finish the interior so it will be a good cruiser for the summer. Amazing the difference that 1/4" insulation makes on the floor. I also installed it behind the rear seat back, hope it doesn't muffle the subs too bad.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 468
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 465
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 460
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 461
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 487
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 474
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 488
Looks BADASS in all black !!!!!!

please keep the turbines on the car, it just looks right!

lights camera action

Went with the hidden lights after a few hours of fabricating brackets for the fiberglass buckets. Decided this way would last a lot longer than the fiberglass would from all the weight and hanging. The covers are held on by one large wing nut underneath after sliding It on some rubber mounts.

Attachments

• IMG_20140414_143552364.jpg
    IMG_20140414_143552364.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG_20140414_133308172.jpg
    IMG_20140414_133308172.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 408
So, do the headlight covers flip down, or do you just manually remove them? I really like the look of the recessed lights, and am still trying to figure out what I want to go with when I get to this stage.

Let's Roll

Ready to roll for this summer. I'll fix the rest of the rust and paint it next winter but I'm ready to cruise for now.

Attachments

• IMG_20140419_161908038_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20140419_161908038_HDR.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 373
looks good to me enjoy the summer :headbang:

Body and paint this winter

:hello2:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 294
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 284
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 284
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 273
Yikes! That's some serious cancer there. Like your garage and boat. The bird looks great. Merry Christmas.

Together we Go.

:headbang:

- - - Updated - - -

:blob1:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 267
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 278
  • image.jpg