• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jason's 68 coronet build

Was able to get a little shop time in today. Fabricated a car lift bracket and an engine lift bracket. Engine lift bracket is 1/4" plate and a repurposed alternator bracket.
20161105_235134.jpg
20161106_000248.jpg
Torque converter and flex plate are here, just need to finish up the roller assembly for the k member and engine and tranny will be installed this week. Probably on church night .

20161106_000248.jpg

Was able to get a little shop time in today. Fabricated a car lift bracket and an engine lift bracket. Engine lift bracket is 1/4" plate and a repurposed alternator bracket.View attachment 370467 View attachment 370468Torque converter and flex plate are here, just need to finish up the roller assembly for the k member and engine and tranny will be installed this week. Probably on church night .

View attachment 370466

Damn just when I think I am catching up to you :).... Looking good!

Church night tonight , and it was a good one. We have an engine and tranny in the car for the first time in 15 years!
20161109_204854.jpg
20161109_211750.jpg

Had my guys give me a hand putting the hood on after we were done working today. Working on installing the front suspension tonight. Getting the new torsion bar boots over the torsion bars has to be one of the hardest things I've done in this restoration . Had to fire up the wood boiler tonight for the first time this season. Haven't turn on the in floor heat in the shop yet, but the wife was getting cold in the house , supposed to get down in the 20s tonight .
20161112_002255.jpg

On the plus side, the hole in the hood lined up perfect with the air cleaner .
20161111_151053.jpg

Excuse the spider webs, they are terrible this year.

A word of wisdom to anyone installing a new torsion bar crossmember . Install the tranny mount when you weld in the new crossmember. I didn't and the holes were a pain in the *** to line up. I was able to get 3 lined up and bolted in. the 4th is going to require some modification .

One more word of wisdom. Installing the engine and tranny from the bottom is definitely the way to go. Piece of cake, easiest engine install I've ever done.

One more word of wisdom. Installing the engine and tranny from the bottom is definitely the way to go. Piece of cake, easiest engine install I've ever done.
That's exactly how I did mine 15+ years ago. :thumbsup:
upload_2016-11-12_20-41-4.png

(because posts are worthless without pictures.) :D

Wow has it been 2 months already! Finally finished up all my snowmobile projects, so it's time for the car again. Gotta get this thing going for spring! Finished up the disc brake conversion.
20170116_223005.jpg
Got all the brake lines installed. I picked up the front brake line set from Fine Lines. Very nice product. The rear line I just made my own.
20170116_222947.jpg
Just need to pull off the master cylinder to bench bleed it.
Now I need to sit down and make a shopping list, as my parts pile is running out...

Looking great! you are moving right along to fast for me to keep up.

Glad you were able to go back to this. I enjoy reading about your progress. Best of luck getting her ready for the spring.

Looking great Jason!

What brand disk brake conversion did you go with, I like the type of caliper and the look.

Man is that a beaut!!! Excellent work.

Jason, are you sandbagging by not posting making me think I am getting ahead of you? :)

Here's where we are at. Winter has been Crazy busy at work! We are just finishing up a new house, have 2 other remodels going on, and are starting to dig for the next new house this coming week. I need some more guys. Been looking, but it is hard around here to find someone who wants to work, and doesn't already have a job. If the are looking, they have a criminal record as long as my arm or are just lazy asses. Anyways back to the car. Brakes are done! We have all stop and no go. Engine compartment wiring is 95%, front wiring done except turn signals. Need to finish rear wiring. I gave to move my coil to the inner fender because of a slight interference issue.
20170331_212455.jpg
I guess it's not that bad unless I want a fuel line, haha.

In the next week or 2 I will be ordering my exhaust system. Think biting the bullet and getting the tti headers. Any thoughts on the rest of the exhaust system? TTI? Flowmaster?
What is everyone running for throttle brackets, throttle cable, and kick down cable? Must fit a demon carb.

Will be starting to work on the fuel system also. I have alot of shopping to do. Need a shifter too. Taking the drive shaft to be shortened next week, was originally a small block car.
Couple more pics for your enjoyment.

20170206_215524.jpg 20170331_211444.jpg 20170331_211501.jpg 20170331_211444.jpg 20170331_211519.jpg

I need to paint the grill also just remembered. Maybe someday this weather will straighten out. Been stuck in the 40s and cloudy, rainy for like the last month. February was in the 70s here.

Auto Transport Service
Back