• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jessie James Polara

65RoadRacer

Local time
9:58 AM
Reaction score
So this car, while maintaining the patina outside, went through a complete CAD designed Roadster Shop chassis. It's pretty badass with the Wegner Motorsports twin turbo Hemi, but I wonder if this thing is actually driveable with the headers literally laying across the valve cover and plug wires like this. Still... amazing to see another B body and not a Camaro/Mustang/LS swap... (granted, without a coil wire, no.. but still...)
24831078_10155468245012885_3820541383271403035_o.jpg

008-1964-dodge-polara-roadster-shop-sema-2017.jpg

That will cook hotter than a gas grille ! Impressive but not practical.

No point in painting it, nothing will take the heat on that hood !!

To the OP's point, I often wonder if these high end "cars for stars" even see any significant use. You can't honestly think that this thing would be a joy to drive anything longer than a city block. Sure, the chassis could make the ride comfy enough but the seats would be killer and that amount of motor for a highway cruise is ridiculous. I don't think the build gas stations close enough together!!

I saw a very cool Charger build (cant' remember the car's name, but it was pretty popular a couple years ago). I met up with the owner and the builder and we talked about the car. He had to limit how much he drove the car because the carbon fiber hood couldn't handle the heat. Of course, show circuit... they have to keep it very clean for that. To me, I'd rather have a fun car that won't win awards than a trailer queen any day of the week, and all weekend long.

Car as seen at SEMA was “unfinished” that being said I don’t see an alternative there’s no room for rerouting anything.

Interesting exercise of what more money than sense can build. I said the following before in another thread about this build.

I'd be way more impressed if he had built this car himself. Although its nice to see what professionals with unlimited money, and tools can do, I've always been more impressed by what the ordinary guy down the street can do in his own garage with limited tools, and money.

Lord I hope he used a hydraulic roller in that thing cause checking the lash would probably take a week. A big dollar build like this you think he'd splurge on a MSD Billet dissy and wires, no matter them front wires are going to last about 10 minutes. with them pipes a 1/4 "away looks like an octopus attacking a elephant lol

you'd think they would spare 5 minutes and route those plug wires in some kind of organized manner instead of just slopping them over the valve covers like that jeeze lol

Auto Transport Service
Back