• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jetting question for E85 Dominator?

70 RR

Local time
5:54 PM
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a 505 stoker 12 to 1 compression and a pretty hefty cam (625 lift, 273 duration @ .050) Super Victor intake and a 1050 Dominator steup for E85. I bought the carb from a local engine builder who has a guy the sets them up for E85. I'm not exactly sure what jets came stock (84s or 88s front and rear) but supposedly the carb was tuned to my motor and 106s were what he installed. I know E85 requires more fuel and therefore larger jets but this is ridiculous! I run an AEM A/F gauge set to read in Lambda and this thing runs "PIG RICH"! I can get it to idle at .9 lambda (13.23 a/f) but once l begin ti drive, all hell breaks loose. If l am just cruising along without giving it much pedal I'm right around .83-.85 (12.15-12.35 a/f) which where you want to be at WOT. When l try to get on it the least little bit l spike to .69-.73 (in the low 10s- high 9s range a/f). My question is, are any of you guys running a similar application now or in the past that can help me dial this Dominator in? I tried taking out the 106s and replaced them with 102s and there was
little change if any. I am so frustrated because this car is a great running machine and l really like the price of E85 as opposed to race gas or 93 and octane boost. Thanks!

70RR

image(1).png lambda_conversion_table.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back