• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jim's auto parts

Gus chiggins

Local time
7:04 AM
Reaction score
I was dumb enough to buy the grommets for my variable speed wiper motor from Jim's auto parts in New Hampshire. The mounting grommets were in poor condition, so I figured this was the guy to go to, wrong. I paid a stupid price for the parts, and of course they don't fit. This guy brags he's the only knowledgable mopar parts guy on the planet. I got burned never again. I ordered the gasket with the built in grommets from Detroit Muscle Specialties. Sometimes this hobby can be so discouraging. As you can see by the photos the large grommets will fit with a suitable amount of high explosives. I've been burned worse than Elvis Patterson of the New York Giants. 1967 Plymouth Belvedere.

20230418_130012.jpg

20230418_130046.jpg

I will never do business with them again. I called them and had the witch tabulate my order,and made sure they had everything in stock. Then I went to the bank and got the correct amount of money the witch said my order was going to cost,drove almost three hours to their door, then the witch added over two hundred dollars more to the cost of my order because she was livid that I showed up in person and she couldn't make money on the shipping costs! I needed the parts so I had to borrow the two hundred dollars from my friend who went with me for the ride! I swore I would never give those crooks another dime of my money again! I can't believe that they are still in effing business! I have told everyone I know to never buy anything from them!

I will never do business with them again. I called them and had the witch tabulate my order,and made sure they had everything in stock. Then I went to the bank and got the correct amount of money the witch said my order was going to cost,drove almost three hours to their door, then the witch added over two hundred dollars more to the cost of my order because she was livid that I showed up in person and she couldn't make money on the shipping costs! I needed the parts so I had to borrow the two hundred dollars from my friend who went with me for the ride! I swore I would never give those crooks another dime of my money again! I can't believe that they are still in effing business! I have told everyone I know to never buy anything from them!
I understand. The guy is a lowlife scumbag. I will never spend one more dime on that crook's business. How he stays in business I'll never know. I just should have bought what I needed from Detroit Muscle Technologies (DMT). I feel like sending those parts back to Jim's with a note telling him to grease them up, and stick them where the sun doesn't shine.

That's how many companies make their money, is with shipping charges. Jack's did same to me many years ago for trans cooler lines. I called to see if he had them, told him I'd pick them up in person, and he charged me a "handling" fee for taking it off the shelf. That was the first and last part I bought from him.

I hear ya I just discovered today that the idler arm i got from pst didn't have enough drop so it was hitting my torsion bar. Luckily I had another new one that had 1/2 more drop.

I always drive over to DMT to get my parts. Jim and Loretta run a fantastic business that helps our hobby big time. Jim is very detailed oriented when it comes to all the parts they sell. They are always exact on the specs.

Thanks for the heads up. I've browsed "Jim's" site a few times but never bought from them.
DMT has proven to be the best vendor for those kinds of parts in my experience, good service too.

It's important to support the good vendors when you find them,and equally important to let others know about the bad vendors too!

You are supposed to install them in the trunk. Will fit there perfectly.:lol: Like many other a/m parts.

I haven't heard anything about Jim's in many years. There used to be threads ranting about them pretty regularly on Mopar forums 10-15 years ago but none recently. I figured they'd run themselves out of business long ago, and was sort of surprised to see they are still around when I saw this thread. How are they still in business??

Auto Transport Service
Back