• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

just found serious rust on my front frame rails

Starting to actually put it back together. I've been buying parts for a couple of years and it's nice to see the parts starting to disappear from every corner of my house and garage and reappear on ol' Rusty

booster 2.jpg

It should stop like a new car with this brake booster and be nice in cool on a hot Georgia summer day with the new compressor.

booster.jpg

Starting to actually put it back together. I've been buying parts for a couple of years and it's nice to see the parts starting to disappear from every corner of my house and garage and reappear on ol' Rusty
I know the feeling!! It's good to get the corners cleaned out!!

It's been a 2 1/2 year work in progress but it's turning out really nice

AC box is installed but very concerned about air filter clearance with that intake. Oh no

IMG_4102.JPG

Do you have the air gap intake? I have been worried about the same thing but others have said it will fit. I assume your going with the factory air breather?

Edit. I just realized you have a big block and mine is a small block. It should be very close but it should work if it is the edelbrock rpm air gap. I read on here someone else has done it and it just fit.

Looks beautiful by the way. I hope to be exactly where you are by next year.

Last edited:
Do the stripes really make it go faster? Ol' Rusty is getting closer

IMG_4420.JPG IMG_4421.JPG IMG_4422.JPG

Don't know about faster but cooler YES. Just went thru the whole thread. Thanks for posting along its way.

Not on the road yet but Ol Rusty did move into the new garage this weekend

IMG_4491.JPG IMG_4492.JPG

Just when I thought I was close. Had to move the car out into the hot Georgia sun so the drywall guys could finish the inside of the new garage. Went to move it back in last night and found that something happened to the paint and it appears that the 2nd coat of paint didn't properly adhere to the first. The car was painted by a very experienced painted and he is coming to my house this afternoon to take a look. The owner of the restoration shop is also coming over and I've been assured it will be fixed. The car was painted almost a year ago and looked beautiful until it sat in the hot Georgia sun for a week.

IMG_4691.jpg IMG_4690.jpg IMG_4689.jpg

Oh man! I am so sorry, it looks like the clear just separated right from the base coat?? I haven't been around that long but I have never seen anything like that before. I hope they are able to fix it without a complete teardown again :-(

Auto Transport Service
Back