• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just installed FBO Ignition and Year1 engine harness w/ modified ballast

I was wondering I purchased the FBO box, on its way to me, did you install the distributor plate they include or only adjust the timing and connect the vacuum advance directly to the intake ? thanks Mike

My box installed. Nacho, I need to modify my ballast. What to do? Link? Thanks

thumbnail_20170204_132015_resized.jpg

Check your advance curve on you new distributor and also that the pin holding the reluctor wheel is installed all the way.
Ask me why! LOL

I am using Rev-N-ator boxes to much satisfaction.

My box installed. Nacho, I need to modify my ballast. What to do? Link? Thanks

View attachment 645146

Usally Don provides a wire link/jumper to do the ballast.. didn't you get it ?. however I preffer the cleaner view of the modified ballast on back, which is the readon of the post. Explained from the begining

Usally Don provides a wire link/jumper to do the ballast.. didn't you get it ?. however I preffer the cleaner view of the modified ballast on back, which is the readon of the post. Explained from the begining

I just got off the phone with Don. No, my builder didn't provide anything for it nor instructions, etc. Don is sending me it with other stuff so it will be home for me this weekend when I get home from my deployment. I saw on their site to do this or it will ruin the ECU, which got me thinking and worrying.

forgett the link they should sent, you can make it... or simply make what manic-mopar made on his ballast to keep the correct look without a jumpy funky funny wire attached on front of ballast and without need to hack the wiring. I think the thread is pretty much self explained

Going to go through and spend more time to see what people did to the ballast. If I'm correct, go from positive side of coil and see which terminals are positive, then connect those two with a jumper?

just link the ballast terminal which gets the brown wire to the other side one of the ballast with the blue wire and done.

Last edited:
Here is what I did to my two terminal ballast...I used Brownells Acraglass on the back to hold the terminals in place. 2 part epoxy would work as well.
20170113_194009.jpg
20170113_194344.jpg
20170113_194522.jpg
20170113_195923.jpg

As mentioned, pretty much straight up and piece of cake. Images speak for themself!

Last edited:
"he suggested it was my chrome box ignition overheating and then cutting spark to the system."

It could also have been the COIL overheating and cutting spark

Looks like a nice upgrade , especially now that Mopar doesn't make the Chrome ignition box anymore

I like the built in rev limiter , very cool

My 383/432 Stroker , man the RPMS come on quick and fast on the street

"he suggested it was my chrome box ignition overheating and then cutting spark to the system."

It could also have been the COIL overheating and cutting spark

Looks like a nice upgrade , especially now that Mopar doesn't make the Chrome ignition box anymore

I like the built in rev limiter , very cool

My 383/432 Stroker , man the RPMS come on quick and fast on the street

Possibly! Either way, the upgrade was well worth it. She runs like a champ now, and like you said, the rev limiter is a nice addition.

Auto Transport Service
Back