• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just need to vent

miller

Local time
10:40 AM
Reaction score
Fought the fight, yesterday. Highly irritated. Might even get over it!

64 Sport Fury passenger side door. Had already fit it, had the door where it would close, and latch. Though, should have been better, and if wet weather, the latch seemed to drag a little. So, decided to fix that puppy.
Had a gap of 1/8" in front, 1/4" in back, so decided to set that first. So, go though all the bs, to move the door 1/16" to the rear. Then, the fight. Adjusted the door latch 'several' times, but the door refused to go past the first 'click'. What the hell?
Looked all around the door, and opening, for any place it might be contacting...nothing...all kinds of clearance. Finally, pulled the latch, to see if that was it. No. Door still would not fully seat into the opening. 'Something' is binding, not letting the door to close all the way. Even moved the door back where I had it, where it will close, but, has to be pushed into place.

So, today, with a clear head, and my one eye opened, gonna take a fresh look, and find just what the hell is going on.

Thanks! Almost feel better, now. (Still pissed) :BangHead:

Ohm.....ohm......:)

person-meditating.jpg

Ive been there. Some time its best to just walk away. Ive spent hours on one door.

Ohm.....ohm......:)
Heh...Good one, gdrill.

Close to what I looked like yesterday evening...but with a beer in one hand, shot of whiskey, in the other. Just needed some chill time.

Thanks, guys! I'll get it figured out.

You'll get it . As said best to walk away sometimes and try again another day

Yep, working on a wiper motor wiring problem for 4 hours last week and all I got was frustration. Went out the next day and found the resistance wire disconnected from the switch, plugged it in and bingo! Carry on...

Last edited:
When the door fell of my Uncle's car, he said just stopped, picked it up and threw it in the back seat. He said he date wasn't impressed.

After-market pillar lock seal. If I remember right, got them from Steele. Little differences in the shape, from original parts. Driver's side okay...
Passenger side doesn't fit tight in, as it should, and that's what is keeping the door from closing all the way. Where's them cuss words...

Working it.

Responses are great! Appreciated, guys.

Glad to see you got it figured out.

Yeah, figured out, but not fixed.

With the seal off, door closes and latches great. Going to mess with the seal. Comparing to the original, can see where the differences are.

Auto Transport Service
Back