• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just put the price in you moron

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:48 AM
Reaction score
And stop with the attitude. Do you want to sell the thing or not? Friggin' craigslisters. :rolleyes:

"Because i keep getting emails for cash price here it is , asking 15k. I dont need the money so please dont make an offer unless its in person. Your wasting my time and yours. Come see car and then we can discuss. AGAIN I DONT NEED TO SELL."

https://boston.craigslist.org/sob/cto/6180616817.html

Disclaimer: I'm not linterested in it. I just had the ad emailed to me.

Ha! Closeted Mustang guy, you can admit it.

Nothing like selling something requiring osmosis. Guess he was fishing for offers.

IMG_0250.JPG

Well, he says he don't "need" to sell it.
It looks like he doesn't "want" to sell it either.
(Of course, given the car I don't understand not wanting to sell it).
Hum. Another thread comes to mind.

Before CL the local newspaper auto classified was the way to sell your car. There was another paper called Buy Lines which listed cars in the surrounding areas. I'm at a point in life that i will never sell a car in CL. Just trade them in or sell by word of mouth, the exception being a classic and still never on CL. There were just to many jerks back when I had to list a car locally. I can I can't imanage how it is today with the Internet.

And stop with the attitude. Do you want to sell the thing or not? Friggin' craigslisters. :rolleyes:

"Because i keep getting emails for cash price here it is , asking 15k. I dont need the money so please dont make an offer unless its in person. Your wasting my time and yours. Come see car and then we can discuss. AGAIN I DONT NEED TO SELL."

Wow . . . look at the posting URL . . .

boston.craigslist.org/sob/cto/6180616817.html

Coincidence ? ? Maybe not . . .

Before CL the local newspaper auto classified was the way to sell your car. There was another paper called Buy Lines which listed cars in the surrounding areas. I'm at a point in life that i will never sell a car in CL. Just trade them in or sell by word of mouth, the exception being a classic and still never on CL. There were just to many jerks back when I had to list a car locally. I can I can't imanage how it is today with the Internet.

EBAY use to be a great way to sell things, then people found ways to abuse the system . . .
Then it move to CL, and it was pretty good for selling, and then people found ways to abuse it . . .

Interesting how everything that deals with money, as well as selling and buying stuff, ends up going South . . . will it ever stop ? ?

I still, occasionally, buy stuff from CL - and I've been pretty lucky with the stuff I've bought - but I DO show up at the meeting packing my .45 and let them know too . . . crazy World.

He ain't gotta worry about selling.
Anybody willing to pay 15k for a fox body junkstang is a moron.

Is their some elitist moparer's here? Dudes attitude is wrong, but clean fox with some cool mods.

Is their some elitist moparer's here? Dudes attitude is wrong, but clean fox with some cool mods.
looks like he didnt label the ad correctly,should been in Trades for cobra.
that IS a very clean and well built stang,and with 500rwp no less-> but,
i fear the odds of him finding a 03-04 cobra owner who wants to trade for an 87 are quite high against him.

I still, occasionally, buy stuff from CL - and I've been pretty lucky with the stuff I've bought - but I DO show up at the meeting packing my .45 and let them know too . . . crazy World.

Amen on that!
It never hurts to meet up in front of the Police Station either.

Pretty clean little coupe.

After having over 40 fox body mustangs and building them I hope he realizes what a ticking time bomb anything over about 400hp at the wheels the stock roller block is.

Had an a4 block in my little 9 second turbo car

I kinda like that last one.
Makes you wonder what set him off. Lol

If he Doesn't "Need" to Sell or "Need" the Money ,Why is he advertising it ? Maybe testing the waters ? What a Retard !

Seams to be a pattern of rude arrogant asses selling cars, parts or offering services lately in our hobby. I don't get it, be rude as Hell, continually say you don't need to sell it and then bitch about somebody asking for a price???:realcrazy:

If someone acted like that in person I'd tell them to shove it up there.....

I think if he put a Price in his ad and stated "Firm" Everyone would be happy.
Just Sayin'

Sounds like 1/2 the adds in Hemmings or use to be,
I don't even look anymore...

E-scam is the worst

Craigslist wasn't as bad, it might as well be as bad now...
Or the ol' Auto Trader in print, way back when :lol:
usually over priced douchebags selling worn-out rusty ****
saying it's NOS or never a photo, you name it...
Just pass by, don't bother...

I remember an ol' "Penny Saver" weekly/monthly, free adds
that had a ton of them types of people {stick up their ***},
seems they were/are always pissed about something {probably that NYC stick},
but always every issues selling something for way too much $$$ too...

I rarely check out anything without a price,
IMO it's a waste of time 90%+ of the time,
if you're trying to sell something, then put a price
or make offer etc., give people a ballpark value
of something what you want to trade for etc...

Some sellers lose track of what "selling" means. Buyers are --at first glance- (item 1) -skimming for the stuff they like. ---Item 2 is the price.

1.--Show me what is for sale.
2.--Give a price.
245--tell me about your early childhood years playing with toy cars.

Last edited:
I had one guy had no pictures said this is what I have come buy it I asked him what's the ball park range before I drive 3-4 hours to look he said make me an offer I said OK I'll need pictures to give you a general idea on what I'll pay . He said nope no pictures come look yourself . I said fine tell me a number !!!! Make an offer I said fine you want me to start I'll give you a dollar! He got so pissed .
Then another time I was trying to buy a tourq tube 3 speed trans 2.5 hours away . Guy said yeah I have it . How much well it came with the eng and rear two I payed $600 OK will you sell just the trans yeah sure come on down we can divide it up and figure out a price for what all you take .2.5 hours later this extremely hard to get trans is sitting in front of me so he asked well you want it I said yeah what did you drive up in I just see a little green car yup that's it well how are you fitting all this in there . I just want the trans dude like we talked about oh no all or nothing I'm going to use it one day ! So at this point I'm getting pissed and he refused to split it up . I said I'll pay you the $600 you have into it and just take the trans .nope all or nothing I was so pissed that was a long 2.5 hour ride home!

Auto Transport Service
Back