• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Killer grease gun mod!!! Why don't they all come like this?

"IN THEORY" that's nice, BUT how many grease fittings on our cars would that thing be able to access? I think I MIGHT get to 1 or 2 (IF I include the U-joints).

Yeah it’s kinda long, but it would sure stop the “popping-off” at times.

I use a pneumatic grease gun and cap the nozzle before hanging up. I can secure the tip on the grease nipple with one hand while I pull the trigger with the other to prevent separation.

It' the nipple on the handle, not the lock that's the cool mod anyone can do for the price of a zerk. I have a locking tip on the grease gun I use on my boats and trailers. Works great on them. Adding zerks to all four grease guns I use.

It' the nipple on the handle, not the lock that's the cool mod anyone can do for the price of a zerk. I have a locking tip on the grease gun I use on my boats and trailers. Works great on them. Adding zerks to all four grease guns I use.
We used to load our grease guns at work from a large barrel of grease that had a pump on top and we'd mount a zirk on the grease gun to fill it. For home use I still think grease tubes are easier to use especially if you use different greases and don't want waste. As far as pneumatic guns, who wants to squeese a handle when for a couple dollars more you can trigger it in. Even nail gun compressors will run these guns.

I have both lever and pneumatic and I have found (for some unknown reason) that the Road Runner does not like the pneumatic gun. Grease squirts back out. I tried swapping the grease fitting, thinking that it was clogged, but it made no difference. Then I tried the old lever gun and it took grease easily with the slow, controlled, low pressure flow.

I went the route of a small gun I can hold and squeeze with one hand while holding the tip squarely on the fitting and smaller length tip for tighter areas. So far so great but I'm not greasing cars that often so even though the cartridges are smaller I use one or two in a year.

Screenshot_20171212-061221.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back