• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets see your Red 73/74 Roadrunners!!! I need to choose my color very soon!!!

idrivemopar

Local time
10:01 AM
Reaction score
I would like to know what color red has been used on 73/74 Roadrunners, i am getting closer to having to make my decision on what color red i will paint my 73 RR. I dont know what the original color is suppose to look like, hard to tell on the bits and parts that have not faded over the years.

If you have suggestions please let me know. Color codes helpful.

I am going with a solid non-metallic Red, not sure if i want the original color or somthing brighter.

If you have pics post em!!!

mine;)

Attachments

• 543252_10151571745565174_961583752_n.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 373
:headbang:viper red

Viper Red, now that is a thought, i will have to consider that color!

anyone else got pictures or suggestions?

Factory FE5 rallye red looks pretty dang good to me.

Well, i have seen cars with FE5 and they seem to have an orange tint, and i dont really like that, so i want something that is bright red. I looked at that link and even those cars seem to have a bit of an ornage tint. I am kinda liking the Viper red.

Didn't there used to be a fire engine red paint you could buy a long time ago! It was a real bright red.. They probably have a number for it now a days but seems we just called it fire engine red.

Viper Red (2002)..........

cars005.jpg

color

Here is what i believe to be FE5 on my 73RR

My car was an original silver with red strip 340 car

Ralph

Attachments

• DSCI0019a.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 326
Ralph,

That looks great!!! Im liking it. If its FE5, the best i have seen. Wish i could see that and Hawg mans next to each other in bright sun and shade!!!

here a side view of mine..crappy cam but yeah

Attachments

• 546250_10151571745905174_2020474767_n (2).jpg
    546250_10151571745905174_2020474767_n (2).jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_8350.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 317
Here is what i believe to be FE5 on my 73RR

My car was an original silver with red strip 340 car

Ralph

Thats a sweet looker Ralph!! Im partial to the white stripes myself :)

I got back to ya i drive, check mail..

yannick47 Thats a sweet ride you have there!!!

Here is a couple to show the colors, first one in the shadows, 2nd is in full sunlight.. hope it helps.. Ok, got them backwards first time using attachments, sorry.. This is Acrylic enamel paint..

[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• Picture 052 (Medium).jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 287
  • lllllll.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 256
That's a really nice lookn car, Ron.

Bet you get a TON of Starsky and Hutch comments.

Thanks Ron for the photos!!!! Looks great! And now even harder to make my decision. LOL

It probably will now!! :)

That's a really nice lookn car, Ron.

Bet you get a TON of Starsky and Hutch comments.

NOT one! lol.. I told my wife to expect that but never once has anyone said anything.. I told her at the time it probably wouldn't make me happy if someone did..

idrive, To be honest, i figured that would happen.. With so many shades of paint anymore its a tuff call! But that part is up to you... :)

And thanks you guys, Makes a lot of money, time, and work seem like it meant something!! Im sure you both know what i mean.. I remember laying at night and having to get back up just to make a note to do this or that the next day, Thing is, im missing those days and nights working on it, to me building is as much or more fun then driving it (my family says im not happy unless i have one working on it) lol.

Last edited:
Lets see your Red 73/74 Roadrunners!!! I need to choose my color very soon!!!

Here is my red 73 RR at dusk and in the Sunlight. Original FE5 but now Single stage paint but can't remember the exactly what color.

Attachments

• IMG_1127_1.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_1128_A.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 318
Auto Transport Service
Back