• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locking grease gun tip

mosquito13

Local time
1:54 AM
Reaction score
Anyone try these? I use the stink out of my grease gun with boat trailers and outboards. Lot of money for it, but ...
https://locknlube.com/products/lock...ium=newsfeed&utm_campaign=LookAlikeImageTest1
Grease_Coupler_IsometricLocked_700px_2048x@2x.png

never heard of it or seen one thanks for the info :thumbsup:

Works wonders, don't think I paid that, but when greasing dirty equipment with lots of zerks it is nice to have, it sucks to look down or up and see a glob of grease oozing out from under the standard tip. Really sucks when laying underneath and the standard tips pop off because you tweaked the hose/tip/zerk and squirts a thread of grease down over your arm.
And I guess it matters just how much grease/pumps of the lever you use for one zerk if it is then worth it. Seems like they (the standard) pop off more or less when you are using the pumping lever more then once per zerk.
My many grease guns consist of flexible hose type and 1/8" nipple type.

Last edited:
Works wonders, don't think I paid that, but when greasing dirty equipment with lots of zerks it is nice to have, it sucks to look down or up and see a glob of grease oozing out from under the standard tip. Really sucks when laying underneath and the standard tips pop off because you tweaked the hose/tip/zerk and squirts a thread of grease down over your arm.
And I guess it matters just how much grease/pumps of the lever you use for one zerk if it is then worth it. Seems like they (the standard) pop off more or less when you are using the pumping lever more then once per zerk.
My many grease guns consist of flexible hose type and 1/8" nipple type.
I`ve been mowing the 8-9 acres at church this summer. A guy at church brought a one handed pump grease gun , to use on the 6 ft. mower, best thing I`ve ever used , can hold the flex. hose w/ one hand and pump w/ the other.

I`ve been mowing the 8-9 acres at church this summer. A guy at church brought a one handed pump grease gun , to use on the 6 ft. mower, best thing I`ve ever used , can hold the flex. hose w/ one hand and pump w/ the other.
And if you had that clip on tip you would not have to hold the hose.
Although with the clip on tip you have to know if there is room to fit a finger and the clip lever at the location.

Own a Freightliner and grease keeps moving parts moving. I have never seen that but I will be investing in one shortly. Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

Well, I can tell you not to get this POS that I recently bought.....

http://univer-co.net/en/products/lock-on-grease-coupler/

I got it at my local tractor store & it won't lock onto the zerk fittings on my Deere tractor. Bringing it back today with a zerk fitting that I removed to show them that it doesn't work.
Funny, that exact one is sitting on the counter at my parts store with the display and it seems to work great. I wonder if your grease fittings from JD are a little smaller. Try the ones on one of your old cars?

Funny, that exact one is sitting on the counter at my parts store with the display and it seems to work great. I wonder if your grease fittings from JD are a little smaller. Try the ones on one of your old cars?

I brought a fitting with me to the tractor store where I bought it Nd their display model would lock on my JD zerk, so he pulled another one out of the package & it didn't work either, but they both would lock on their display zerk, so I just returned it and got my money back.

I did order one that the OP showed and it just came in today and sure enough, it does work on my JD zerk.

Auto Transport Service
Back