• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking at a 68 sport satellite

Gobie

Local time
10:47 AM
Reaction score
was wondering if you guys help me out.. looking at a sport satellite 383 4sp he wants 20k but needs a paint job paint looks good from 20' . Question is this worth the buy an spend the money on this or buy one already finished.

Sounds promising. BB, 4 speed! Does it have air? Need pictures.

IMG_2488.jpg
IMG_2485.jpg
IMG_2482.jpg
IMG_2486.jpg

If it's a factory 383 4spd I'd do it. That would be rare one would think.

Cool car

Last edited:
Yes factory 383 comando 4sp, that is the paint peeling there older resto needs repainted

I'll say it once again, any B Body (especially with big block) under 30K is far from perfect. From what little I can see in the pictures, I believe 20K is a reasonable price.

Interior looks nice, the steering wheel with center goes for $500 on this site alone!

thats a big job , stripping and refinishing . along with what you find under that shinny finish its got , will trump that 20k up .

I'd look for one that's done if you have the money vs. finishing that one starting with $20k into it.

Would like to stay in the mid 20s for one 68-69-70 this might take to much then but gotta love the BB 4sp

Is car worth that much??
Is it worth that much...to you?

I'd be into that much if the rest of the car is solid, can steer and drive and is complete. The 4 speed alone (assuming all numbers match) would be worth the price of admission. Cosmetics can be repaired on the fly. Get in and drive!

Is the fender tag available?
Looks like a 14Kish car but I would pay 20K if I really wanted it and it all checked out. Value is what someone will pay. If you will pay 20K then that's what it's worth.

I'm gonna get a pic of fender tag an see if all is legit then

Auto Transport Service
Back